Why a caravan is better than a motorhome?????

Dave225

EXCELLENT !

Interesting to read the comment from a council spokesman:

" ...the Neighbourhood Roads Team have been monitoring this case "

I bet they have,

You can just imagine how many meetings they have had to discuss the fact that they can't move it !

;-)

BRILLIANT!! (lol) (lol)

Typically though they just have to come out with some crap because they've been made to look fools....."the caravan is causing cars to swing out onto the opposite side of the road at a corner, where bicycles are coming round headed for the canal. We need to sort this oddity out before someone gets hurt.” *-)

I suspect the only people "getting hurt" are the losers at the Council!

Bulletguy - 2013-01-23 9:31 PM

Typically though they just have to come out with some crap because they've been made to look fools....."the caravan is causing cars to swing out onto the opposite side of the road at a corner, where bicycles are coming round headed for the canal. We need to sort this oddity out before someone gets hurt.” *-)

I couldn't quite fathom out what they meant by that...because it appears to be stuffed down a dead end..?

(..unless it's tucked into a corner and the road veers around to the right,as we look at it..?)

All joking aside though..I don't suppose any of us would be all that chuffed if someone parked/left/dumped a caravan down our street for over 4 months!....and were able do so "on a technicality".. :-S

Now I'm puzzled (it doesn't take much) It says and I quote

"the caravan is causing cars to swing out onto the opposite side of the road at a corner, where bicycles are coming round headed for the canal. "

Why are the bicycles heading for the canal and not the cycle track (?)

:D Paul

Paul- - 2013-01-24 9:59 AM

Now I'm puzzled (it doesn't take much) It says and I quote

"the caravan is causing cars to swing out onto the opposite side of the road at a corner, where bicycles are coming round headed for the canal. "

Why are the bicycles heading for the canal and not the cycle track (?)

:D Paul

'cos that's where they are being dumped ?

;-)

Don't ask questions for which there are no logical answers, after all it is the Edinburgh Council we are talking about. And with regard to said Council the 'spokesperson' is the local 'mouth' who is apparently the only spokesperson the Council has. She pontificates on everything from trams (her favourite baby) to bin collections (she loves lazy bin men) and even babies ashes being scattered in unmarked graves in the cemetery (not so nice). School closures get a soundbite from her and she is the lynchpin of the Hogmanay Party (the tackier the better). . Evidently we have only 1 councillor in the Edinburgh Cooncil, so one wonders why they cost so much. Her latest wheeze is to encourage city centre shopping by removing the free parking on evenings and Sundays. Bound to work. Did I mention she is also spokesperson for traffic?

You probably have similar where you live.

Dave225 - 2013-01-24 7:52 PM

Don't ask questions for which there are no logical answers, after all it is the Edinburgh Council we are talking about. And with regard to said Council the 'spokesperson' is the local 'mouth' who is apparently the only spokesperson the Council has. She pontificates on everything from trams (her favourite baby) to bin collections (she loves lazy bin men) and even babies ashes being scattered in unmarked graves in the cemetery (not so nice). School closures get a soundbite from her and she is the lynchpin of the Hogmanay Party (the tackier the better). .

Evidently we have only 1 councillor in the Edinburgh Council, so one wonders why they cost so much. Her latest wheeze is to encourage city centre shopping by removing the free parking on evenings and Sundays. Bound to work. Did I mention she is also spokesperson for traffic?

You probably have similar where you live.

Looks like she knows how to drive business away from the High Street and get more shops boarded up! Along with exorbitant rates traders have to pay plus the motoring shopper being chased away, this is why we now have Ghost Town centre High Streets.

Caravan man is doing a sterling job. Reminds me of the Farmer who fell out with his local Council over something some years back, drove his muck spreader down and let fly all over the front!

(lol) (lol)

If the council really wanted it sorted out they could go to the police, and, if the law is the same as in England, prosecute the owner for unnecessary obstruction, plus presuming it isn't displaying obligatory light during darkness, that as well. A caravan, in England at least. is a trailer, and is subject to all the appropriate legislation. Get 'em done.

Archived