Auto-Trail Grimsby

kelly58

As we have an Auto-Trail on order we thought it a good idea to go on a factory tour. We have been to-day and it was a real eye opener a really fasinating 3hour tour, the tour guide was a great guy who took us around all the different stages of construction and was an excellent guide . When you see all the components built in different stages and then collectively fitted together the end result is amazing to see.

Glad you had a good trip!

When I toured the Ford factory at Dagenham in 1971 it did nothing to make me want to buy a Cortina and when I toured the old Autohomes factory in Poole in 1973 that too did nothing to give me any confidence in their motorhomes - sure enough both factories now long gone!!

What are you waiting for Kelvyn ??

We waiting for a Scout, in March/April . The dealer don't seem to want to give us a date yet.

The Co-pilot is spending her time getting all the new bits and pieces that she say's we must have.

It must all co-ordinate with the new look inside.

Roll on the spring

HWO

HWO - 2013-01-24 5:30 PMWhat are you waiting for Kelvyn ??We waiting for a Scout, in March/April . The dealer don't seem to want to give us a date yet.The Co-pilot is spending her time getting all the new bits and pieces that she say's we must have.It must all co-ordinate with the new look inside.Roll on the springHWO

Its an A/T Tracker RS which will be our 4th motorhome of which this one is a  different layout to our other one's now looking forward to March delivery.

davidmac - 2013-01-24 5:18 PM

Hi I did tours of the Charles Wells Brewery in Bedford in the 70s, 80s and 90s. It did not put me off buying their products.

Regards David

Having attended Mander College in the 70s the smell of the brewery put me off drinking Charley Wells, but I do now sometimes partake of Red Stripe. :D

747 - 2013-01-24 6:39 PMHow many berths does the Autotrail Grimsby have then?I would have thought they could have come up with a better name than that. *-) Autotrail Grimethorpe sounds better. :D

Me thinks you should avoid the Red Smarties they can cause a bit of a problem with the mind.

747 - 2013-01-24 6:39 PM

How many berths does the Autotrail Grimsby have then?

I would have thought they could have come up with a better name than that. *-)

Autotrail Grimethorpe sounds better. :D

As we all know it is really called GREAT GRIMSBY!!!

kelly58 - 2013-01-25 11:57 AM
747 - 2013-01-24 6:39 PMHow many berths does the Autotrail Grimsby have then?I would have thought they could have come up with a better name than that. *-) Autotrail Grimethorpe sounds better. :D

Me thinks you should avoid the Red Smarties they can cause a bit of a problem with the mind.

Nah, it wasn't the red Smarties.It was the Newcastle Brown. :D

I don't know, Elton John sang a very good song about Grimsby back in the 70's, if Autosleeper can name their vans after local Towns, why not Autotrail ? they seem to favour Indian Tribes etc.,

mind you never seen a 'Blackfoot' Autotrail yet . Didn't know that 'Savannah' were an Indian tribe ? could be wrong (I usually am). Ray

It's not the Red smarties, it's the Blue ones you want to be careful of. (if you can remember the 60's then you probably didn't enjoy them very much ???).

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Grimsby-lyrics-Elton-John/0E386495541FB664482568760027E094

Re-Previous post. evidently 'Savannah' in Georgia is a Place (one of the earliest settlements in the USA) the 'native Americans there were called the 'Yamacraws'. Somehow the 'Autotrail Yamacraw' doesn't have the same 'ring' as the 'Savannah' , but then the 'Autotrail Blackfoot' doesn't sound too good either. Perhaps the 'Grimsby' isn't too bad. (this should be in 'Chat ' and other drivel !).

Hope one-day to go for a 'Look' around the Factory as well. Wonder why they don't ALL do it ?? (something to Hide ?)

Ray

Rayjsj - 2013-01-26 2:02 PMHope one-day to go for a 'Look' around the Factory as well. Wonder why they don't ALL do it ?? (something to Hide ?) Ray

Tours are on the last Thursday and Friday of each month you just have to go on the web site to make a booking its a 3hr tour from 10am.

Rayjsj - 2013-01-26 12:37 PM

I don't know, Elton John sang a very good song about Grimsby back in the 70's, if Autosleeper can name their vans after local Towns, why not Autotrail ? they seem to favour Indian Tribes etc.,

mind you never seen a 'Blackfoot' Autotrail yet . Didn't know that 'Savannah' were an Indian tribe ? could be wrong (I usually am). Ray

It's not the Red smarties, it's the Blue ones you want to be careful of. (if you can remember the 60's then you probably didn't enjoy them very much ???).

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Grimsby-lyrics-Elton-John/0E386495541FB664482568760027E094

Ah the "blewies" Good times eh?.

When you take the tour there is no idea which model will be on the production line they build between 20 / 28 motorhomes a week depending on which model they are on.They do a model run at a time not individual ones its all down to having the whole crew working together to speed up the production.

Archived