Disney land Paris

Guest adhple

What’s the latest position regarding overnight stays with MH at the coach park at Disney land Paris, we are looking to go in August, and I have read reports they have stopped overnight stopping due to poor toilet facilities.

A 6 January 2013 comment here

http://mondisneylandparis.wordpress.com/parking/

advises that the parking fee for motorhomes has reduced to €20 per day.

(The campingcar-infos website suggests that a "day" may be from 00:01 to 24:00, though this may be wrong. Apparently, certain EuroDisney multi-day 'passports' can be used to offset parking fees and may make financial good sense if you stay long enough.)

Hi and welcome to the forum, can I suggest that you think about parking up at the campsite "La Croix Du Vieux Pont" its about 60 miles from Paris between Compiegn and Soisson. Cost last year in high season about 27 euro per night depending on the size of your party. They run their own bus to Disney most days.

Cheers

Guest JudgeMental
tugga - 2013-01-30 9:27 AM

Gosh that is expensive. What category does 3500 motorhomes come under, bus or lorry? Considering the number of motorhomes on their roads, I would hope they are cheaper.

Up to and including 3500 kg are Cat 2 and that expensive enough thanks!

JudgeMental - 2013-01-30 9:59 AM

tugga - 2013-01-30 9:27 AM

Gosh that is expensive. What category does 3500 motorhomes come under, bus or lorry? Considering the number of motorhomes on their roads, I would hope they are cheaper.

Up to and including 3500 kg are Cat 2 and that expensive enough thanks!

Don't forget the 3 metres height limit. Any '2 axle' motorhome over 3 metres in height falls into Class 3 even if its maximum overall weight is 3500kg or lower. (I think your previous Euro Mobil motorhome would (or should) have been Class 3.)

Camper Car: The parking is NOT open 24h/24 for 2013

Info: there is no electrical connection, but you can do the drain and refill water there are faucets in the vicinity of the drain if EXCEPT WINTER gel. Generators are prohibited.

Access during opening hours of the complex (ie between 8.30 and 23h during the summer period. Following the summer schedules change: 8.30> 20h/22h)

Warning: toilets and showers are now reserved for coach drivers only.

:'(

sean.clarke - 2013-01-30 1:04 PM

I thought a tag axle over 3m was a clasd 4? I recall that being discussed previosly so assumed it correct?

Yes, that's correct, but I don't think anyone answered your earlier question directly. Tugga subsequently inquired about 3500kg motorhome classification; JudgeMental advised that Class 2 applied; I mentioned the 3-metre height rule.

Which Class should apply to a vehicle is defined here:

http://www.autoroutes.fr/en/vehicle-classification.htm

Class 4 will apply to a "Vehicle with more than two axles and height of 3 metres or more, or GVW of more than 3.5 tonnes". I believe that's a triple-whammy for your Arapaho - 3 axles, height above 3 metres and GVW over 3500kg.

There has been past discussion about the Class 3 height-limit, with one forum member (Patricia) explaining that some roof-mounted objects 'count' (eg. an air-conditioning unit) towards the height-measurement, while others should not (eg. a satellite-TV 'dome').

Such fine-print dome-type exclusions are good to know about, but won't convince height-sensing equipment at an autoroute automated toll-booth that a two-axle, up-to-3500kg GVW, 2.90m high motorhome with 30cm high TV-dome on its roof isn't REALLY 3.20m tall and should not be classified/charged as Class 3.

Monman - 2013-01-31 8:41 AM

So,if we stay at one of the nearby campsites with full facilities overnight and then drive to Disney in the camper how much would the parking charge be then? Not planning to stay overnight.

If you stay overnite or not its 30 euro to park a motorhome a day.

We went in to disney for 2 days last August if i had known i would not have paid camp site fees, as we were not there for the 2 long days spent in disney.

We had to drive in as the campsite did not run a bus service, we were only approx 20 mins away.

There were so many vans parked there for quite a few days, spoke to an irish couple we parked next to they had been there 4 days, and were still parked there on our second day.

I know where i shall stay next visit, we were told the site was closed to overnite stays, but turned out wrong info when we arrived.

Also seen men from campers in and out the showers with their towels and toilet bags, so toilet shower facilities are being used.

We are a class 2 on tolls we have no ex fixings to add to our height of our tag axle Chieftain.

Check with the campsite you book as many dont cater for our size vans :$

Archived