Nice little Extra for Motorhome

kelly58

Guest pelmetman

WE HAVE CORELLE :-D....................so there! (lol)

Speaking as someone who loves his grub.............I could never love that plastic stuff when stuffing my face.............its quite expensive at £80 ish pounds for a set of four 8-).................Fortunately MIL bought it as our Christmas present :D

First trip with it and seems to have put up with trip to Spain, and its quite thin so her indoors was surprised was able to alter our overhead locker to accommodate the large plates B-)

We might be an old and NOW cheap camper but we have posh plates ;-).............did I mention the silver cutlery?? :-D...............................

.although I confess its only plaited :-(

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2013-01-28 7:15 PM

pelmetman - 2013-01-28 7:10 PM

.although I confess its only plaited :-(

I've seen plaited hair and plaited bread - but never plaited cutlery!!

Oooooooop's :D.......................Er in doors and not spellchecker woz right (lol) (lol)

Owed two a spell chequer

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marques four my review

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea

Aye strikes a quay and types a whirred

And weight four it two say

Weather eye bee write or wrong

It shows me strait a weigh

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And aye can putt the error rite

It’s rare lea ever wrong

Eye have rung this poem threw

And I’m shore yore pleased two no

It’s letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

Anon E Mouse

Tracker - 2013-01-28 6:49 PM

lennyhb - 2013-01-28 6:16 PM

SWMBO decrees drinking vessels for tea must be bone china.

So how come a lady with such exquisite good taste ended up in a motorhome with your good self then?

Good question maybe I'll find the answer one day. :D

Guest pelmetman
lennyhb - 2013-01-28 7:42 PM

Tracker - 2013-01-28 6:49 PM

lennyhb - 2013-01-28 6:16 PM

SWMBO decrees drinking vessels for tea must be bone china.

So how come a lady with such exquisite good taste ended up in a motorhome with your good self then?

Good question maybe I'll find the answer one day. :D

Well I suspect one half likes a bit of rough (lol) (lol) (lol)

JudgeMental - 2013-01-28 5:27 PM

Heads down!!! Mels on the way!!! :-D

I actually have TWO sets ... got them fas or Christmas presents 2 years running! *-) They are good but they will definitely rattle in the van and the actual size of the mugs is smaller than a standard one, similar to the capacity of a cup.

As for preventing rattles, perhaps twisting some thin pipe-cleaners round the uprights would do the job, and maybe some preserve jar type large rubber seals placed on the top of each mug which an upper one would rest on would solve the problem.

That do Eddie? :D

OH for goodness sake 8-) we have been campers for the best part of 50 years!! we started with enamel mugs ! but have for years used Melamine, go on then have a go (lol) rattles/chips breakages !! yes I like the look of those mugs and will probably have some for home as the dish washer ruins porcelain I dont buy expensive for everyday, come to that my china never gets used either >:-) so I guess were just common as muck !!

Guest JudgeMental

we have an expensive dinner service (wedding present) used twice I think..... *-)

we have melamine plates etc... but bring proper mugs as like a decent sized cupa....just use the non sliding liner stuff to stop them shifting about.

Mel as per usual a true inspiration! :D

Hi Mel, WE never gets rattles in our van,i just takes me hearing aid out!!! seriously,we use the plastic type netting you sometimes get wrapped around wine bottles or similiar,one piece of this cut into sections about 3inches long will expand to fit over cups/glasses or any other breakable,you can even leave them on if you wish when in a group,different colours for different people,last for ever,

Dave :

Dave - I've been using a similar type of net plastic stocking for years - I got it from work - it was used to put on the 5-star swivel bases of office chairs to prevent them getting marked in transit, it fits perfectly over the mugs with just a slot cut out to go over the handle.

I use some melamine plates and bowls (I have a vintage 1950s set) but insist on 'glass' beaker type cups as I can't stand hot drinks in melamine. My mugs are the type with a glass held in a plastic holder similar to the below and are original 60s/70s ones which double up as normal glasses too if the base is removed.

mugs.JPG.e6e2688a6708dbbda285404cd31d868a.JPG

We don't like Melamine mugs. they stain so quickly, i was constantly having to use a plastic scourer to get them clean (and bleach) it ruined my hands.

Now we have some nice bone china ones, just a wash and rinse and they are fine, and my hands are so much softer.

H

Guest JudgeMental
hallii - 2013-02-01 3:14 PM

We don't like Melamine mugs. they stain so quickly, i was constantly having to use a plastic scourer to get them clean (and bleach) it ruined my hands.

Now we have some nice bone china ones, just a wash and rinse and they are fine, and my hands are so much softer.

H

we gave up milk in tea a while back the staining is now unbelievable..... :-S

It doesn't ruin my hand scouring the mugs >:-) O.H does the washing up !!!! anyway I renew them every couple of years (lol) I have a nice new set (of cups) to go with our new van and NO they dont now match the plates !! but THAT fussy I am not!! except I WONT drink out of a chipped cup.

Aldi didnt have those mugs when I went Wed; !!!

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2013-01-28 8:50 PM

As for preventing rattles, perhaps twisting some thin pipe-cleaners round the uprights would do the job, and maybe some preserve jar type large rubber seals placed on the top of each mug which an upper one would rest on would solve the problem.

You want to get some decent dedicated storage Mel.......no need to faf about with bits of wire ;-)

P1000526web.jpg.e9d7375ebfa42c2fd7517323dbeff51a.jpg

Archived