hirebuddies

michele

Has anyone tried them do you think its a good idea letting someone borrow your pride and joy. I think that it's not a bad idea especially when its sitting on the drive ... But i am rather worried about it getting recked inside .let's face it some people have no respect for other people property.... How do you get compesated for this if it happens .. has anyone any experience of this sceme .....

Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a very long bargepole! It's not the immediately obvious damage that's a problem, it's that that appears weeks or months later. In Germany during the World Cup, we parked next to a Rimor rented from the UK. The lads were dismantling the awning as they had torn the cloth near where it is fixed to the roller, so the folded over cloth prevented the awning from retracting fully. They dismounted it from the m'home, rolled up the cloth on the ground, then put it back together again. Brilliant job, bit the next person to fully extend the awning has a serious problem if they don't have a mechanic with them - an example of the sort of problem rental can give.

Hi, Don't know about Hirebuddies but I hire my van out through Motorholme.co.uk. So far, touch wood it's come back safe - the worst damage to my van was caused by my own son when he spilt some fizzy drink and didn't tell me. The van's been out 4 times this year and it's going out again on Saturday. Most of the hirers have been young couples with children. It did go to the world cup, yes I was worried when the lads turned up with beer and sleeping bags, but it came back safe and sound. Any damage caused is covered by the hirers £1250 excess before the insurance pays out so the hirers have to be pretty careful. ;-)

Yes I take everything off - the van that is !! I leave pots and pans & stuff like that though. We use sleeping bags so it doesn't feel like they're sleeping in our beds! We bought the motorhome with the intention of hiring it out - it helps to pay for it !! So it doesn't really feel like ours if you know what I mean

Archived