Awning pegs in Spain

Tony M

Hi All,

Have just arrived at Bonterra Park, Benicassim ( east of Valencia) and discovered I must have left the awning pegs at home. Any knowledgable people out there know where I might be able to buy some?

The site shop sells the normal flimsy tent pegs which are no use for the hard standings here. I really need the heavy duty non bending ones.

Incidentally, if anyone is interested, it was blowing a gale here when we arrived yesterday but has calmed down a lot today and been nice and sunny.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Tony

There's a caravan shop at the other end of town, in Benicassim. It's off Poligono 7 soon after you've passed the roundabout with the big key at the end of Av. Castellon.

If I remember correctly it's called Tauro Caravanes. It's a small, stand alone, industrial unit with caravan storage at the rear and on one side.

Hope this helps.

Tony M - 2013-02-04 1:39 PM

Hi Trevor,

You are absolutely right. Been up there this morning and now sorted.

Thanks very much for your help. I had a feeling someone on here would come up with the answer.

Regards,

Tony

So it was you doing all the hammering and banging disturbing the peace today! The fish and chips were good tonight :-)

Hi Tony

Glad you found the spares shop ok and got what you needed.

Don't know wether you use the ACSI discount card but we had heard campers who did were being directed to the forest at the top end of the site. Is that what's happening, as far as you can determine? We normally stop off at BP on our way back north but may not do if we have to sit under the trees.

Cheers

Trevor

T8LEY - 2013-02-05 9:45 PM

Hi Tony

Glad you found the spares shop ok and got what you needed.

Don't know wether you use the ACSI discount card but we had heard campers who did were being directed to the forest at the top end of the site. Is that what's happening, as far as you can determine? We normally stop off at BP on our way back north but may not do if we have to sit under the trees.

Cheers

Trevor

Hi Trevor

The last time we were there (with ACSI) they put us under the trees, previously we had had good pitches, so was dissapointed. If they are going to do this, then shall not bother to go again

PJay

We have just left this morning. Two weeks on ACSI and we were on D6 in the sun!

There is a rally going on the site next week in nd around D6 so they may be keeping some open pitches clear for them (Dutch Club). Some of out friends arrived yesterday and they are under the trees. The site is pretty full though and you do get to look at the available pitches on arrival and before yo decide to stay, unless of course you have pre-booked then you could be stuck.

Hi Trevor,

When we arrived on Saturday we were offered the forest plus a couple of good pitches. We found an empty one on D6 which they hadn't included and requested it at reception. They let us have it only upto 13th Feb as it was one of the ones reserved for the rally which is due to arrive on 14th. Apparently there are around 80 vans coming then (unless the number has become exagerated) in which case an awful lot of people will have to vacate or move under the trees.

A shame as it's our first visit here and we really like it, but have decided to try Camping Eden at Peniscola after 13th.

If you were thinking of arriving on spec in the not too distant future I think you would find it just about full.

Regards

Tony

Cheers for that Tony. Very much agree BP is one of the best sites we've used, but we don't want to be under any trees. And thanks for the heads up on the rally. Sounds like we wouldn't get a sunny pitch anyway. Eden is on our list to try. We've previously had a look at it but it seemed to be a cycle ride from most stuff. We'll probably finish our trip at Camping Didota in Oropesa, at the other end of the Green Way from Benicassim. I'd be interested to know what you think of Eden if its not a lot of bother.

Regards

Trevor

Of course, no bother Trevor, will let you know what we think of it assuming we can get a decent pitch. The better sites all seem to be very busy at the moment.

We did think of having a look at Orpesa but apart from the Via Verde there doesn't look to be much of interest there.

Regards

Tony

When we left D6 at BP, we were heading for Eden. I called them first to see if they had any pitches suitable for a 9mtr van and the lady said she didn't know and we would have to call in and have a look for ourselves! I am told they only have a limited number of pitches for large vans. We didn't bother, we went to a camperstop just outside Peniscola. It was La Volta, 6euro a night, Free WiFi, extra 3 euro if you want EHU, swimming pool, club, bar, restaurant. Good for a night or two for us.

40.397944 N 0.403108E

We have been to Pensicola (EL Eden) for the last 5 years. Like it there, as it is within walking distance of the town, (I can;t walk very far) and flat The only complaint I had was the Washing Machines were very expensive.

Some pitches are bigger than others, which you pay a bit more for. But a 6 mtr van (as ours is) not a problem. try for the pitches at the bottom of the site backs on to a sports field, but not a problem

Visit the castle while you are there (Papa Luna) All pitches have own tap and sink and electric points.

Enjoy your stay

• 2 weeks later...

We have pulled onto La Volta today and there is plenty of room here for a 6m van. Can't fault it at €6 pn and showers are free , hot and in heated block. Got very friendly welcome and am happy to stay here a few days.

Weather could be better-just come up from Alfaz where it has been lovely for last 2 weeks and it has been grey all the way (Although it was raining when we left this morning) and the next 7 days in Alfaz look pretty grim. Looks ok here until Monday so here we stay!

Mike

Archived