Chris Huhne - pleads guilty and steps down as MP

CliveH

Dr Dave - 2013-02-04 12:31 PM

CliveH - 2013-02-04 12:28 PM

Sometimes the news is just SO GOOD! That it bears repeating!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/chris-huhne-steps-down-as-mp-after-pleading-guilty-to-perverting-the-course-of-justice-8479526.html

This ex MP is a total sh!t – damn good riddance.

I take it from that you are not his biggest fan. :D

He's not keen on Prince Charles either.

;-)

No I am certainly not a fan of this wallyt.

I had the misfortune to attend one of his talks and he came over as a half-wit - all arrogance and self belief.

His belief in wind farms and payments to land owners from the UK's tax take is now a legendary joke.

Good riddance.

The fact that he lied all the way through this debacle instead of just taking the points and employing a chauffeur/driver give some idea of his arrogance.

He was trying to get the case thrown out on a technicality but the evidence against him was too strong.

The Judge seems to have warned him he may get a custodial sentence. This is due (I think) to the fact that to get his case this far - he must have lied and lied and lied!

But then - he is an MP.

Out of interest the following came into my inbox yesterday, you or others may be aware, I wasn't!!

Unbelievable!!!!! Can this be the truth ??

I bet this will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Can you imagine working for a company that only has a little more than 635 employees, but has the following Employee Statistics.

29 have been accused of spouse abuse,

7 have been arrested for fraud,

9 have been accused of writing bad cheques,

17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses,

3 have done time for assault,

71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit,

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges,

8 have been arrested for shoplifting,

21 are currently defendants in lawsuits,

84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year,

And collectively, this year alone, they have cost the British tax payer £92,993,748 in expenses!

Which organisation is this?

It's the 635 members of the House of Commons.

The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

What a bunch of crooks we have running our country - it says it all...

And just to top all that they probably have the best 'corporate' pension scheme in the country - whilst trying to ensure that everyone else has the worst possible!

If you agree that this is an appalling state of affairs, please pass it on to everyone you know ...

Bas

Edit to remove blank lines.

Guest Had Enough
Basil - 2013-02-04 2:53 PM

Out of interest the following came into my inbox yesterday, you or others may be aware, I wasn't!!

Can you imagine working for a company that only has a little more than 635 employees, but has the following Employee Statistics.

And collectively, this year alone, they have cost the British tax payer £92,993,748 in expenses!

The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

And just to top all that they probably have the best 'corporate' pension scheme in the country - whilst trying to ensure that everyone else has the worst possible!

If you agree that this is an appalling state of affairs, please pass it on to everyone you know ...

Bas

Christ! It's amazing what some idiots will believe! Does no one on this site have the brains to check something out before taking it as gospel and forwarding it on?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2006/mar/20/mpsincorruptionshocker

According to some limited research this carries a punishment tariff of incarceration for a minimum of 4 months and a maximum of life although it seems generally accepted by the CPS that 2 years is the current cap.  It will be interesting to see if he is treated leniently/fairly or harshly given his prominence in public office.

I think it was only his arrogance that let his ego take it so far! He really thought he could bully his way out of it!

I hope I can attach a cartoon that sums it up rather well.

Edit

Nope - problem back again.

May try later

I think what is even more depressing is that he kept lying through umpteen pre trial hearings obviously hoping that the case would be dropped. Even his own son wanted to testify against him, so must have been a great parent. And when it finally does come to Court he changes his plea at the last minute so costing a fortune in wasted time for Court officials, lawyers and witnesses. He will be jailed but only for 3 months so will be out after 6 weeks in an Open prison. He will not doubt then persuade the loonies in his ex Party to bung him a peerage so he can sit with all the other crooks.

As mentioned by others this piece of worthless slime typifies the political class we have today and to think his Party actually considered him a possible leader. Just goes to show their mindset.

Makes you wonder what the rest are up to *-) Will he be asked to donate anything to the public purse for all the costs that he has incurred, as above plus waste of police time and resources.

Did I read somewhere that his wife has said he'd done it before? I may be wrong because I read the DM :-D

Dave

Mel B - 2013-02-04 4:38 PM

I bet his ex wife's wishing she'd kept her mouth shut now, as not only has it cost him his job etc, it will have cost her any alimony AND could also cost her her freedom too .... the whole thing stinks - its the kids I feel sorry for.

Agreed.

It will be interesting to see what happens to his missus -

:-D

Had Enough - 2013-02-04 3:05 PM

[Christ! It's amazing what some idiots will believe! Does no one on this site have the brains to check something out before taking it as gospel and forwarding it on?

Never said I believed it or not just said I got it in my inbox and was not aware, thank you for putting it right in your very eloquant way!!!! Why would I bother to check it there are enough 'anoraks' on here that would pick anything wrong up!!

Bas

I bet his ex wife's wishing she'd kept her mouth shut now, as not only has it cost him his job etc, it will have cost her any alimony AND could also cost her her freedom too .... the whole thing stinks - its the kids I feel sorry for.

Given the wider background, I doubt she'll be too bothered about his job, or a potential jail sentence (for him).

Neither do I think she'll be too bothered about the finances (not short of a bob or two in her own right).

It will be interesting to see how the "marital coercion" plea plays out, given the legal view of this particular defence over the last few decades, but hey, she may get lucky. :-S

What I find most interesting, given the history, is her apparent current choice of paramour. 8-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2013-02-04 3:05 PM

Basil - 2013-02-04 2:53 PM

Bas

Christ! It's amazing what some idiots will believe! Does no one on this site have the brains to check something out before taking it as gospel and forwarding it on?

Spoil sport :D

malc d - 2013-02-04 4:41 PM

Agreed.

It will be interesting to see what happens to his missus -

If the news is to believed then she is falling back on the good old standby for a woman...that she was coerced by her husband and therefore an innocent victim. Curious defence from a so called free speaking woman of the world. But I really suspect she wants her day in court so she can castigate him as much as possible. Nothing like a woman scorned for revenge. His new girlfriend must be looking forward to that as undoubtedly she will be included.

Personally i hope the judge throws the book at her as the pair of them make a despicable spectacle.

:-D

Guest JudgeMental
bastard will get a few weeks...he could have employed a driver the day after the event with the loose change in his pocket...he is a multi millionaire for heavens sake and a disgrace..HANG HIM HIGH!!!!!!! *-) :-S

Dave225 - 2013-02-04 4:27 PM

.................. think his Party actually considered him a possible leader. Just goes to show their mindset.

On the other hand, you could say that when he stood for leadership of the party - they rejected him.

In the light of what we now know about him, sounds to me like a good decision.

:-|

malc d - 2013-02-04 8:11 PM

.................. think his Party actually considered him a possible leader. Just goes to show their mindset.

On the other hand, you could say that when he stood for leadership of the party - they rejected him.

Er... yes and no. The result was evidently very close and what happened??? We got Cleggie instead. Good decision??????

Dave225 - 2013-02-04 8:21 PM

malc d - 2013-02-04 8:11 PM

Er... yes and no. The result was evidently very close and what happened??? We got Cleggie instead. Good decision??????

Only time will tell.

Don't know much about him myself.

;-)

Now this self important, lying money wasting, time wasting a55hole is 'bang to rights' wouldn't it be lovely if the spineless CPS went after all the other thieving occupants of Parliament and the 'other place'?

I live in hope..............

RogerC - 2013-02-04 9:10 PMNow this self important, lying money wasting, time wasting a55hole is 'bang to rights' wouldn't it be lovely if the spineless CPS went after all the other thieving occupants of Parliament and the 'other place'?

I live in hope..............

But then there would be no one to Govern us except the EU...!!!!! 8-) 8-) Dave

Archived