Photo sizing tool

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

with the 100kb limit on here for loading photos, it can e be a nightmare for a non techy to resize..Found this yesterday and it seems to work very well, reduces to near enough spot on the 100kb limit...we need more pictures on here! A picture tells a 1000 words and all that!:-D

http://www.picresize.com/

I would not like to share any pictures of mine onto a third party site personally

Anyone with Microsoft Office can do the same very easily using Microsoft Picture Editor as it is part of the suite, only knew this thanks to help from others on the site.

Bas

Basil - 2013-02-04 2:41 PM

I would not like to share any pictures of mine onto a third party site personally

Anyone with Microsoft Office can do the same very easily using Microsoft Picture Editor as it is part of the suite, only knew this thanks to help from others on the site.

Bas

I use MS Office (2003 unfortunately) and I can't find Picture Editor. Have you got a much newer version I wonder?

Patricia - 2013-02-06 10:21 PM

Basil - 2013-02-04 2:41 PM

Bas

I use MS Office (2003 unfortunately) and I can't find Picture Editor. Have you got a much newer version I wonder?

I have Office 2003.

START|ALL PROGRAMS|MICROSOFT OFFICE TOOLS|MICROSOFT PHOTO EDITOR

or search for Photo Editor.

Your install of Office may have been a custom install. In which case all the tools may not have been loaded. If that is the case you will have to look on the original disks (if you have them).

Guest JudgeMental
maggyd - 2013-02-05 1:32 PM

Thanks Jm :-D all we need now is some holiday snaps to re-size.

I have struggled resizing photos for this site, and just found this link the easiest and quickest one yet to use

Quite a useful little tool is http://www.xat.com/internet_technology/download.html

Its a freebie with a slight draw back that it advertises its big brother, but ignoring that, its a great little product for free

You can re-size the image in length and width, and / or reduce the compression size.

The latter means you can keep the original dimensions, but reduce the image file size.

The doggy photo in my avatar is reduced from 14k to 3k, but the physical height and width stay the same.

Rgds

Archived