Goodbye from 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

Well it appears one or more of my advosaries have made a formal complaint to the Editor to get me banned, I'm trying hard to think who is so small minded to make such a request, now let me really think hard and long.

But there you go, seems if you can't win an argument or don't like what they say they get the poster banned,an easy option eh. and so very grown up, Thanks a bunch to who ever is responsible.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental

WHAT.... Can you explain whats going on as I haven't a clue as dont really spend much time over here, as I get upset, as to many reactionary knuckle dragger's. :D

are you drunk as you spelt adversaries wrong and sound a bit maudlin....cheer up?

I've had loads of warnings, or should i say not me but JM :-D

Guest 1footinthegrave
JudgeMental - 2013-02-07 5:40 PM

WHAT.... Can you explain whats going on as I haven't a clue as dont really spend much time over here, as I get upset, as to many reactionary knuckle dragger's. :D

Well there have been some quite heated "debates" with the same posters I have been having, giving as good as I got, obviously to much for them though, so I guess an attempt to silence me for good, and there was me thinking these forums were exclusively populated with adults, oh well there you go. ;-)

I can only say that regardless of whether I agreed, or disagreed with your comments I am sorry to hear you have been 'sinbinned' I can only hope it is a temporary absence. There are some who feel that as a motorhome/caravan type Forum discussions on non related topics should not be allowed. I disagree with that as even when in said motorhome/caravan the discussions range over many things including especially, what is happening around us. If the only topics allowed were 'what type of fluid do you use in your toilet' I suspect i would go and commit Hari Kiri.

Guest 1footinthegrave

To be honest one poster labelling me as a White supremacist, a Bigot and racist I thought I should have been the one making a complaint, but I've got a thicker skin I guess ;-)

But thanks for the support, even though you may find some of my posts not to your or everyone's taste :'(

By the way Judge, don't blame me for spelling adversaries wrong, blame google spell checker, I can't spell to save my life :D

I would like to say that i am shocked and saddened by this. I think it is well-known that onefootinthegrave and I have had our differences (some of them very heated) but that is all part of free speech and if anyone doesn't like it they don't have to log into the thread. I am totally opposed to bannings. In fact I have almost been banned from another forum for constantly banging on about bannings (ironic, that!).

I would ask whoever complained to think again - and failing that I would ask the Admin to think again. If anybody has a right to feel upset by some of onefoot's comments it is me - and I don't want him or anyone else banned.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Not quite sure Eddie, Daniel said it was under serious consideration due to the complaint, so not sure where that leaves me, or how it works. Perhaps posting the "Can we laugh any more " thread may be the straw that breaks the Camels back when he see's it, .posted just before receiving the PM.

This can't be right we are all suposed to be adults on here. I don't post much but enjoy reading the odd quarrel it keeps the blood pumping and the mind alert seeing so many crossed up arguments. I havent seen anthing that could warrant banning. We would all miss you please hang on in there. John 8-) :-S

Although you have had a few barney's with John47 and Brian I hope you're not banned Mike. There's been many a argument on here just as bad but no one was banned as far as I know. Mike,I think the complaint might have been you language which was a bit strong sometime, and there's women and young people on here, obviously class me in the latter group :D :D

Dave

Guest 1footinthegrave

To be honest despite the sometimes some would say extreme views and posts rightly or wrongly I think of it as a sparring match, and quite a bit of fun, despite some of the flack that I give, and comes my way, perhaps if I don't get banned I need to stay off "chatterbox" however I do take your point on some of my language used on occasion mmmm

But if I do disappear suddenly after Daniels deliberation, I hope it does not mean 2feetinthegrave, well not just yet at least

Thanks for the support. ;-)

You and I have had our differences Mike and no doubt will again but I can't see anything worthy of complaint and certainly not of banning.

Whoever they are should be mighty ashamed of their gutless anonymity in hiding behind the moderators and perhaps they should try to spend more time out in the real world!

I wonder whether an examination of PMs would reveal yet another conspiracy of the PC brigade similar to those that I have experienced, having fallen prey to similar vindictive and bullying bollox several times.

I do sympathise - but perhaps it's because you live in Wales and are therefore by default a social outcast!!

Sounds like you have a supporters club, so do not pull the plug on the keyboard just yet. However, if a 'stay of execution' is allowed possibly a period of calm contemplation would be required??? Nah, that won't work will it??

I bet it was one of those people on SAGA who managed to get the whole Forum pulled.

Another vote of support from me i really enjoy your comments i even agree with some :D If you were banned and im sure you wont the fact that you can readily have several ids (as demonstrated from time to time on this forum) i am sure you wont be silenced for long.

What about

onefootinthegravy ?

Im sure there will be many other ideas ;-)

Dave

If this is to do with the Mali thread I dont see why you should be banned. Yes it was heated and we will never see eye to eye by a country mile but in my opinion it was a dammed good debate. I like the fact that the members on this forum dont pussy foot around or pull their punches. I spend most of my time on FACTS which is great but that thread would have been pulled pretty quickly.

They wont ban you. Your part of the scenery. You might have to stand in the corner for a week or do detention. (lol)

Tracker - 2013-02-07 7:30 PM

You and I have had our differences Mike and no doubt will again but I can't see anything worthy of complaint and certainly not of banning and whoever they are should be ashamed of themselves and try and spend more time in the real world!

I wonder whether an examination of PMs would reveal yet another conspiracy of the PC brigade?

Having fallen victim to similar vindictive bollox several times from those who just hate to see anyone post a point of view contrary to their own I do sympathise.

Perhaps it's because you live in Wales and are therefore a social outcast!!

Wales! I take it all back FLOG HIM :D

May I make a suggestion, and no, it was not me who complained. I think your posts are too inflammatory and extreme. If your sentiments were expressed in less blunt terms, with a little more subtlety, and were less extreme, I think there may have been raised eyebrows, but no more. I also think you are rather quick to resort to aggression when you disagree, which merely drives up the temperature, and takes debate into the realms of verbal fighting.

I'm sure as it is me saying this, you will ignore what I am saying, but I nevertheless think that the problem you have encountered is one mainly of style. If you would change the style, the issue of substance could then be debated in an adult, rather than school playground, way.

It is an unfortunate fact that some folk are put off and intimidated by the style of posting you have adopted. It is surely not in any of our interests to frighten folk off this forum, however unfounded we may think their fear of ridicule or attack. It is their right to react as they do, just as much as it is yours to express yourself as you do. If you go, it will be a shame, but it will only be because you do/will not see that your aggressive posts can come across as highly offencive, and refuse to modify your style.

I certainly do not agree with some of the points 1foot makes - yet agree with many others.

I agree with those who advocate free speech - it is either free of it isn't

My only plea is personal insults should not be the norm when a subject gets heated.

Sorry to hear that one foot. But I think your offer to smack someone in the mouth in one thread might have some bearing. As you say we are mostly adults on here but someone obviously felt offended by something, maybe not even a participant in the debate/argument.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Perhaps subtlety is not my forte, I can only apologise for that to anyone who finds my style offensive or in bad taste. Perhaps a halfway house would be to keep off Chatterbox which seems to have caused angst by the complainant.

I have always tried to give as far as I can see friendly, sometimes humorous, and hopefully some useful posts and replies elsewhere on these forums. But I thank posters so far for the positive comments, I guess it's in the lap of the Gods with Daniel. :-S

You have my full support John and don’t in any way alter your style of writing Like a yorkshireman you call a spade a spade. And don’t pull your punches which I admire. Not like some nandy pandy do gooders on here that pretend, and scrub round the issues with all sugar and spice If I could put my thoughts to pen and paper my posts would be very similar to yours Keep your chin up.

If and I reiterate 'if' someone has reported you without taking another approach first...maybe a polite PM telling you they were considering it and why then they are IMO wrong to do so.  Yes there have been some interesting and sometimes heated debates on here but it would be a very bland boring place if we all typed (in response to topics designed to encourage debate)....I agree....I agree....I agree.

I sincerely hope you are not banned.  We are all adult here....at least I hope we are and we all know where the 'off' button is, although to be fair someone doesn't know if something is going to offend them until it's been read.  I for one find some TV programmes (so called comedy) much more offensive than anything I read on here.

Long live 'free speech'.

Archived