New Vehicle Registration March 2013

kelly58

I have heard on the radio that as the new Mar 2013 registration of a 13 plate may be unlucky for some motorists and may harm new vehicle sales  the DVLA are extending the use of 62 plates until the September 2013 registration which will then be a 63 plate.

kelly58 - 2013-02-08 10:06 AM

I have heard on the radio that as the new Mar 2013 registration of a 13 plate may be unlucky for some motorists and may harm new vehicle sales  the DVLA are extending the use of 62 plates until the September 2013 registration which will then be a 63 plate.

Every new vehicle with a number 13 plate should be sold with a free lucky rabbits foot hanging from the mirror.

Problem solved

;-)

Not heard of that, great for me cos I have a brand new car on order due in feb. Was a great deal based on the fact that it would be reg in feb which is good for dealer as they prob sell nothing usually untill march. :-D

747 - 2013-02-08 12:44 PMNot worried, I am not superstitious. :-D Touch wood. :'(

Neither am I .

My wife was born on Friday 13th and look what luck she has had living with me for the past 45 years !!

Just a thought though when it comes to selling it on in future would the new owner want a 13 plate vehicle.

I too have got one on order for march, and must admit the 13 plate was on my mind, but yes not everyone may in future want a m/home on a 13 plate so i guess it could affect selling on in the future ,so to save all the worry how about if DVLA were to make it a 131 plate to help any supersticous owners,: good god what a stiink who took that manhole cover off !!!!!!!

Guest JudgeMental
kelly58 - 2013-02-08 1:19 PM
747 - 2013-02-08 12:44 PMNot worried, I am not superstitious. :-D Touch wood. :'(

Neither am I .

My wife was born on Friday 13th and look what luck she has had living with me for the past 45 years !!

Just a thought though when it comes to selling it on in future would the new owner want a 13 plate vehicle.

Hmmm...maybe there is somting in it :D I WANT A 13 PLATE!!!!!! :-(

God......your as bad as my Mother used to be !

She wouldn`t even leave the house on Friday 13th.

Just make sure that on the way to pick it up that you :-

Tap your forehead Three times and turn around.

Don`t stand on any cracks in the footpath.

Do not have anything to do with any Black cats.

Don`t walk under any ladders...........................................etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.

I read somewhere that having a Z in your number is likely to have more accidents.

Well I had my last new car from new for 18 years, and never a dent. I have now got a car with a Z in the registration and TODAY while parked in an almost empty car park, some idiot back into the side of my car!

To-morrow now got to get on to the insurers and get it fixed. More trouble to me , than the idiot MAN who only has a broken back light!! And it's not friday 13th, only the 8th

Have ordered a new car and have the new number plate already so I can arrange insurance and get it registered etc. It's a 13 plate and like everyone sensible I am not a believer in anything superstitious, as a previous poster has said, if we do we become just like extremist twits!

Archived