Rhythm Bathroom Light

Chris B

Hi

I have a 2011 Autocruise Rhythm, strange happenings with our bathroom light. We can operate the light normally from the on/off switch in the bathroom, however, if we leave the light turned on and switch off the "cabin lights" switch on the control panel the bathroom light fades to about half light then over approx 10 seconds fades to go out. Our supplier has been in touch with Sergeants who suggested changing the PSU. This has been done under warranty but has not cured the problem. The light itself has also been changed but has also not cured the problem. Has anyone got a Rhythm and can check to see if this is normal or is it a problem.

I'm guessing that this phenomenon is to do with the bulb used in the light.

When I swapped the MR16 halogen bulbs in my Hobby for LED ones I found that some residual 'life' remained in the bulbs even after I'd switched off the main 12V supply. If I switch off the light, switch off the main 12V supply, then switch the light back on, the LED bulb will light up for a couple of seconds then the light will fade.

Looking at the Sargent data it would appear they may be using solid state (electronic) switching for the main light feed from the control box, if so then there is sure to be capacitive filtering on the output to protect the electronics from electrical noise. The residual charge in the capacitors will be feeding the light when turning off at the control panel. You could try testing with every light turned on and then switch off at the panel and you will probably see it fade a lot quicker.

Archived