interior waterproof wall coverings

djay

I am trying to find out a supplier, or a name of the wall lining in my Talbot Express shower compartment. It looks like ceramic tiles but is a form of wallpaper or lino material stuck on the walls It is obviously waterproof, but needs replacing. I do not want to use Fablon, but want to keep the look of the tiles as it does (did) look good. Any help much appreciated.

It certainly used to be possible to buy 'Tile-on-a- Roll' material from large DIY outlets like B&Q, Focus, Homebase, etc. This was exactly as you describe - a thick, water-resistant wallpaper with an imprinted tile-effect. Don't know if it's still available as decorating fashions regularly change. A more rugged and fully waterproof alternative might be tile-effect vinyl floor covering. You'd have to pick the right adhesive though.

hi ,i own a talbot express elddis autostratus this has the same tile effect in the wash/tiolet area which needed replacing , i managed to get some good quality tile effect wallpaper in a similar colour and warterproof from b&q last year , it looks prety much original i hav'nt looked for any since although i would imagine they still sell it and if you want to realy ensure it is waterproof you can give it a coat of PVA which when dry is totaly waterproof and hard wearing i know this sounds a bit like "BLUE PETER TIP " but it realy does work although i have not coated the wallpaper in my own M,H as its been on for a year with no problems phil

Archived