Local news report

nightrider

Two guys doing a 100 miles an hour in a stolen Audie Quattro down leigh Rd known locally as millionaires row, lost it when they smashed into a row of parked cars, the resultant fireball was estimated at being 25' high, by all accounts the bodies were incinerated and the emergency services are having a problem extricating them, do I have any sympathy for them, no, its the families that I have sympathy for, the ones who are left to pick up the pieces, The police can't identify them, no doubt their identity will be found out when they are reported as missing to the police?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knight of the road - 2013-02-09 3:01 AM

...its the families that I have sympathy for, the ones who are left to pick up the pieces....

Yes but you never know,they may be able to make a claim against the Audi owner,for not securing his vehicle sufficiently...?

.. the thoughtless b*st*rd!...some people have no consideration for others..!

;-)

The families of the dead thieves will be blaming the police for chasing them and claim tens of thousands of pounds compensation stating that it would not have happened if the police had not been after them and they would still be alive forgetting the fact that had they not stolen the car in the first place then they would also still be alive !! At least two less for us to keep at HM Pleasure.

pepe63 - 2013-02-09 10:30 AM

Yes but you never know,they may be able to make a claim against the Audi owner,for not securing his vehicle sufficiently...?

.. the thoughtless b*st*rd!...some people have no consideration for others..!

;-)

You are not far from the truth there, modern cars are notoriously hard to steal due the fact most have transponders in the keys and the ECU will not allow the car to be started without the key. Maybe they had broken into the owners house to steal the keys and more likely the car was stolen to order.

I've no sympathy for the tea-leafs, but no doubt a facebook tribute page will soon emerge claiming they were just loveable rogues.

knight of the road - 2013-02-09 5:37 PM

The police have said they will try and identify the two guys by DNA, no one has reported them missing as yet.

Have the local chav types been out leaving flowers and packs of lager at the cremation scene in respect of there fallen heroes ?

Oh dear, so sad....never mind.....  :-)   shame about the cars though.

In cases like these I can never understand why the scum are called 'joyriders'?  Whilst I'm not a huge fan of Americanisms creeping in I think 'Grand theft Motor vehicle' would be far more descriptive.

Joyriders?......thieving lowlife in my book.

The Bolton News covers it - it seems that the two scumbags had committed "aggravated burglary" to get the keys by way of smashing a window and threatening a neighbour who saw them. Nice people! - I hope they were fully conscious after crashing.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10214916.Two_dead_after_Audi_stolen_in_Farnworth_crashed_and_burst_into_flames/

So the good news is that the insurance will cover the theft.

As a general point - some insurance companies will not want to pay out if the keys have been stolen with no sign of theft or break-in.

So where you put your keys on the hall table and the scumbags "fish" them with a pole and a hook through your letter box - watch out because some insurance companies will say you are partly to blame for making it too easy.

My son used to do just this - despite our telling him the dangers!

Best advice is to put your keys in a draw well away from the letterbox.

Guest Had Enough

I don't know the background of the two men concerned. They may have been career criminals or they may also be two lads born to a feckless mother, with an unknown father, and who have never had the chances in life that most of us have had.

And to set out my stall, I consider myself a hard-line supporter of strong punishments and deterrents. I support the death penalty for certain crimes and I approve of long prison sentences, if only to keep career criminals off the streets. I am no wet liberal.

However, the attitude of the usual Chatterbox inhabitants absolutely disgusts me. No one deserves to die such an agonising and horrible death for the crime of stealing a car. And to publicly state that you hope that they were conscious when the flames engulfed them is beyond reprehensible.

Historians have often asked how ordinary citizens could be coerced into shovelling women and children into gas ovens. How ordinary people can become torturers and killers and be convinced that Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals and the mentally retarded are lower forms of life and can be clubbed to death to save a bullet, as happened with Jewish children in WWII.

My answer to these historians is to come on here and join Chatterbox and they will understand the base bestiality that lies just under the surface of certain sections of society.

It's no wonder that most members of this forum do not participate in this section. With one or two honourable exceptions it is now the home of the unintelligent, ill-educated, semi-literate savages that illustrate the worst traits of society.

And you people, who have been complaining about Islamic barbarism , now exult in the fact that two men have died screaming and in agony as they have burned to death.

I hope that none of your children ever fall in with the wrong crowd and do something stupid. I wonder how you would feel if members of the public stood around and cheered as they screamed their last in an inferno?

You disgust me. Shame on you all.

You're a misguided fool. I wonder if you'd feel the same if they had ploughed into your wife and kids as they croosed the road. I'm very glad they died as a result of their actions. They found out that reckless and ruthless actions sometimes have tragic consequences for the perpetrators.

Guest Had Enough
peter - 2013-02-10 12:04 PM

I'm very glad they died as a result of their actions.

As I said................................................!

"You're a misguided fool - they're infidels, Jews, queers, cut off their heads, shove them in the oven, they deserve to die!"

And to answer your question with another one. How would you feel if your son, no matter what he's done, died screaming in agony as he burned to death and then your friends and neighbours rejoiced?

Underneath, you're as savage and as uncivilised as any Islamist barbarian. You're just too thick to understand that.

I don't necessarily agree with Had Enough's way of expressing himself but I agree with his basic sentiments. I cannot understand how anybody would rejoice at the horrible death of another human being, whatever crime they had committed. One of the things that makes a society civilised is that we try to treat wrongdoers better than they treat thier victims; otherwise we are no better (and possibly worse) than they are.

Yeah right -" Had enough" - And you just had had enough that you had to come on here and tell us all about your moral superiority.

Wear it as a badge I expect.

The problem is that the reports state that they got the keys by way of aggravated burglary - they threatened a neighbour who saw them breaking in.

They then drove at a reported circa 100mph in a 30mph zone with no regard whatsoever for anyone else but themselves.

You assume they came from a certain background and that that background somehow excuses them from their actions.

As others have stated on here - if you live by the sword - be prepared to die by it.

I look on it that it could have been my son parked up saying goodbye to friends or driving in the vicinity when these morons came by in a car they had stolen at circa 100mph and wiped my son and his friends out. It could have been MY son - or anyones son or daughter trapped - still conscious and burning to death because of these morons actions!

You do not have to watch many Police Video TV shows to realise that these things happen everyday and usually it is the innocent parties that come off worse.

Well in this case - it was the perpetrators of the crime that got their just deserts.

I hope they were conscious - and I make no apology for that - rather them than some innocent.

That does not make me anything other than a Father, who worries every time their children go out because idiots exist and sadly the law allows them to breed.

If anyone disgusts me it is the liberal do gooders that constantly bleat on about it not being the poor little darlings fault - society is to blame - then give them a slap on the wrist and a free ticket to do the same thing all over again.

When the crispy scratchings are identified - it will be interesting to see if these morons were otherwise pillars of the community, kind to kittens, dogs, children old people and overall damn good respectful citizens who just went a little crazy one night - or if they had form for this and were constantly let off rather than dealt with effectively because do-gooders like you kept convincing us all that it was all our fault - not theirs.

John 47 - 2013-02-10 12:47 PM

I don't necessarily agree with Had Enough's way of expressing himself but I agree with his basic sentiments. I cannot understand how anybody would rejoice at the horrible death of another human being, whatever crime they had committed. One of the things that makes a society civilised is that we try to treat wrongdoers better than they treat thier victims; otherwise we are no better (and possibly worse) than they are.

Couldn't agree more John, You've just put it more succinctly than I can!

Cheers,

Colin.

Had Enough - 2013-02-10 11:13 AM

My answer to these historians is to come on here and join Chatterbox and they will understand the base bestiality that lies just under the surface of certain sections of society.

It's no wonder that most members of this forum do not participate in this section. With one or two honourable exceptions it is now the home of the unintelligent, ill-educated, semi-literate savages that illustrate the worst traits of society.

And you people, who have been complaining about Islamic barbarism , now exult in the fact that two men have died screaming and in agony as they have burned to death.

I hope that none of your children ever fall in with the wrong crowd and do something stupid. I wonder how you would feel if members of the public stood around and cheered as they screamed their last in an inferno?

You disgust me. Shame on you all.

As one of those who has (largely) ceased to post on this 'Chatterbox' section for the reasons that you give Roger ('Had enough), All I can say is: "Hear hear!"

Thanks for your sensible and humane posting -- none of us has the right to wish death upon, or rejoice in the horrifying demise of any other human being.

Colin.

P.S. I have just seen Clive's (typical) post -- It really is nothing to do with 'do-gooding' just common humanity.

C.

If you have read about the Stanford University Project in 1971 you will be aware that civilisation is indeed, at times, a very thin veneer.

In that project, in the physcology dept, (" to see what would happen " )a number of students were divided into prisoners and guards and told to act out their roles over a given period.

After a short time the project had to be abandoned because the guards became too abusive and violent, towards their own friends.

:-|

Civilisation or whatever you want to call it is only a very thin veneer on humanity. We have been around for 2 thousand years or 5 thousand if you wish, and we still have not managed it. But then again that is not really surprising as we are still basically an animal species. We may be able to do wonderful things but our feelings and temperament are still controlled by very basic instincts. One of our most basic instincts is protection of our offspring and to a degree, family members of our ‘tribe’. In this regard we will take whatever action is necessary, and in many cases will not even think twice. As I say it is a basic instinct, and to remove it completely will take many many generations, and is unlikely to ever be removed.

Therefore to have feelings of exultation at some elses’s death is not really surprising if their actions are perceived as a threat to anyone. However, there is a big difference between having those feelings and actually taking action as a result of them. In certain parts of the world if the thieves in this instance had been still alive, they would have been burned inside the car by a mob. Although that type of mentality has to a small degree been ‘imported’ to the UK, in the vast majority of cases we still only just talk, and allow the legal system to take control. It should also be accepted that discussion of your feelings is a recognised way of allowing you to keep control. Psychiatry and psychology all rely on this to work effectively..

So, to those who have taken offence at some of the comments on here I would suggest that although you may feel justified, and are probably morally correct, you are not actually in step with humanity, and no doubt in some other set of circumstances would think similarly. Underneath your morality, you have the same instincts I am afraid.

Archived