MMM Index and digital searchability

Rowan Lee

Not sure if searchability is a word, sorry about that, but you know what I mean.

I have just been dismantling my MMMs from the last eighteen months, separating out the articles I want to keep. I haven't been able to find in either the 2011 or 2012 mags the index for the last twelve months which normally appears in the back of the February edition. Can anyone help me with this please? Has it been discontinued?

If I take out a digital subscription, how easy is it to search the back issues? Do you have to search each mag individually? Can you extract bits and file them elsewhere or do you have to store the whole mag?

Rowan Lee - 2013-02-09 12:40 PM

...I haven't been able to find in either the 2011 or 2012 mags the index for the last twelve months which normally appears in the back of the February edition. Can anyone help me with this please? Has it been discontinued?...

I think the 12-months index was dropped a good while ago.

I vaguely remember it, but there's no sign of it in my current batch of MMMs that go back to the start of 2009. Unfortunately, this doesn't prove that the index wasn't in MMM February 2009 as I remove all the 'dross' from magazines more than 6-months old, but I would have thought I'd have kept the index.

I have indexes up to 2010 (from the February 2011 edition), so it is only the last two years that I am missing. I wondered if that is because the online editions are searchable but I don't want to start a digital subscription if that is not the case, I will continue collecting paper articles.

Archived