I've lit the blue touch paper, ha ha

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

Two brothers who swapped houses to con taxpayers out of £315,000 walk FREE after judge claims 'greatest punishment was loss of their good names'

Mohammed Amin, 40, and his wife, Kauser Aktar, 38, live in Ilford, Essex

They switched homes with Aftab Ahmed, 39, and wife Sobia Shaheen, 32

It meant wives could pretend to be tenants and claim housing benefits

Pakistani couples with 11 children raked in £314,450, London court hears.

Shaheen - who has a previous benefit fraud conviction for lying about being a single mother - and Ahmed fleeced the London Borough of Redbridge out of more than £87,000 while living in Ilford

Shaheen, a 'fervent' Muslim dressed in a burka, arrived at court with designer Louis Vuitton luggage

8-)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough

I've just entered a search into Google 'Benefit cheat escapes jail'.

A whole list of cases popped up where people had cheated the authorities out of large sums and received fines or suspended sentences.

You should try it.

On the first page of the Google search there wasn't a Muslim to be seen. They were white and a good cross section of British citizens.

Do you spend most of your day trawling the web to find negative examples of Muslims? It does seem that way and your obsession is demeaning to you. You really are coming across as a man with a very large chip on his shoulder.

Why do you continue stirring up religious or racial hatred? If you are now banned you have only yourself to blame.

Guest 1footinthegrave

I've just done that very thing, Google search "benefit cheat £315.000 with previous conviction of £87.000, only got one hit.

Perhaps the press in reporting this are guilty of stirring up religious hatred and racism as well then >:-(

I thought it was a news item :D

And I had made no personal comment at all ;-)

Guest Had Enough
1footinthegrave - 2013-02-12 12:00 PM

I've just done that very thing, Google search "benefit cheat £315.000 with previous conviction of £87.000, only got one hit.

Perhaps the press in reporting this are guilty of stirring up religious hatred and racism as well then >:-(

Well of course you'll only get one hit with the exact figures listed but, as I said, Try 'Benefit cheat escapes jail' and you'll find worse examples for much larger sums by non-Muslim white citizens.

However, doing a fair search does not fit your agenda. And yes, you made no comment but you're fooling no one.

And whilst you did make a comment. You highlighted the fact that they were Muslims. If they'd been white would you have mentioned that they were Christians?

As I said, you're fooling no one. If you'd seen this article and the benefit cheats were white non-Muslims, you would never have posted.

For all our sakes, please stop this constant barrage of the hatred that that consumes you.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Had Enough - 2013-02-12 12:22 PM

Well of course you'll only get one hit with the exact figures listed but, as I said, Try 'Benefit cheat escapes jail' and you'll find worse examples for much larger sums by non-Muslim white citizens.

However, doing a fair search does not fit your agenda. And yes, you made no comment but you're fooling no one.

I'm willing to bet I'd fool that judge, but I'm a tad bemused about the story, given there was a previous conviction for fraud of £87000, I must be something wrong :D

I know there are scumbags in every walk of life, I'm just wondering what you have to do to get locked up these days.

Guest Had Enough
1footinthegrave - 2013-02-12 12:42 PM

I'm willing to bet I'd fool that judge, but I'm a tad bemused about the story, given there was a previous conviction for fraud of £87000, I must be something wrong :D

The problem of course is that you are easily bemused.

Guest Had Enough
pepe63 - 2013-02-12 12:43 PM

Had Enough...He's winding you up mate,the clue's in the thread title...

Don't bite.... ;-)

1foot'..behave ! (lol)

Quite clearly he's intent on another stirring thread to vent his obsession but he really needs to be warned. He goes too far with his vitriol, which is aimed at just one section of the community, whether they are good or bad.

I think that he's going beyond obsession though and that he really needs help. I only hope that the psychiatrist that eventually gets to deal with him isn't brown-skinned! ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave

In the interests of balance ;-)

A benefits cheat who claimed he could barely walk has been jailed after he was caught working as a leisure centre fitness instructor.

Alan Lawson, 58, pocketed over £80,000 during an eight year period after he had originally suffered a back injury that meant he could only walk with a stick. 8-)

He gets prison for a fifth of the amount, someone should be providing some answers I should have thought.

And I made no specific mention of a Muslim in the top post, THAT was a cut'n'paste as reported in the press.

Guest Had Enough
1footinthegrave - 2013-02-12 1:18 PM

In the interests of balance ;-)

A benefits cheat who claimed he could barely walk has been jailed after he was caught working as a leisure centre fitness instructor.

Alan Lawson, 58, pocketed over £80,000 during an eight year period after he had originally suffered a back injury that meant he could only walk with a stick. 8-)

He gets prison for a fifth of the amount, someone should be providing some answers I should have thought.

And I made no specific mention of a Muslim in the top post, THAT was a cut'n'paste as reported in the press.

As I said, there are numerous examples of non-Muslims escaping prison and for much larger amounts. You can find this easily but I know you won't as it doesn't fit your agenda.

If you don't mind a bit of advice; all this time you spend trawling for derogatory news items about Muslims would be far better spent in seeking help for what has clearly become a dangerous obsession.

I shall leave you to your fantasies as I don't want to be responsible for contributing to your eventual mental collapse. Goodbye, and I hope that you soon seek help. It's distressing to see an old man in such a state. My mother is still alive and if she was like you I would be extremely upset.

Guest 1footinthegrave
I'll call you as a character witness to my mental condition if ever I nick £400,000 pounds of tax payers money, I'm sure that will help me avoid the nick. :D

1footinthegrave - 2013-02-12 1:42 PM

I know there are scumbags in every walk of life, I'm just wondering what you have to do to get locked up these days.

Ummm...............repeated incitements to racial hatred in public forums will often do it..........

1 foot - you are a bad boy

Go and sit on the naughty step (lol) (lol) (lol)

You've given the 13 year old one too many shandies again :-D

You know he cannot help himself but bite everytime you set the bait *-)

I do not agree with you on this and you know it. So I will say that and sit back with the popcorn!

But please - don't wind up the Troll.

BGD - 2013-02-12 2:23 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-02-12 1:42 PM

Ummm...............repeated incitements to racial hatred in public forums will often do it..........

Agreed Bruce

I wish fishing in the Avon was as easy (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2013-02-12 11:48 AM

I've just entered a search into Google 'Benefit cheat escapes jail'.

A whole list of cases popped up where people had cheated the authorities out of large sums and received fines or suspended sentences.

You should try it.

On the first page of the Google search there wasn't a Muslim to be seen. They were white and a good cross section of British citizens.

In the interest of balance.............what proportin would you say were native British (?)

Guest 1footinthegrave

Well if they en-devour to reconnect more with their faith, and have every intention of going off on a jaunt to pray to God as these defendants had stated most of them would also get off.

Quite frankly it's the judges who seem to be mentally unbalanced, not me. :D

pelmetman - 2013-02-12 2:39 PM

In the interest of balance.............what proportin would you say were native British (?)

Well you could try doing a search yourself...?

..having just carried out a quick search.. "benefit cheats escape jail"..(via Bing)

For me,on the first page,of the relevent hits,it brought up the following in order:

Emily Morris 34 & Kevin Wraith 30 (photo-white)

John Liversey 57 (photo-white)

Hazel maddock 61 (photo-white)

Theresa Aldous "widowed Gran" 62 ( photo-white)

So.. on the first page(which is all I bothered noting)..ALL were "white" and all very were "respectable and British" looking/sounding ...with none of their names indicating that they were of an obvious eastern European extraction..

..although that is probably not what you were hoping for... ;-)

In all honesty and candour who gives a stuff what race/colour/creed they were.  These scumbags (one was earning £40k a year) still went on to 'steal' tax payers money. The lot of them should have had property confiscated to the value of the fraud plus interest.  Whether prison is agreeable I don't know because that will only cost the tax payer even more.  Thieving barstewards!!!!!!

I think the proceeds of crime law does enable a lot if not all of the money stolen to be reclaimed.

We also need to be a bit careful when looking at individual arrays of data.

Simply looking at names in a news report will not give a true overview

To get a true indication of how any one ethnic group views something like benefit fraud we would need to compare the national statistics for that ethnic group and then compare with the national makeup re that ethnic group.

i.e. if we had Martians living and working amongst us (no comments please!! (lol) )

and they made up 10% of the population and then if 10% of all benefit fraud cases were by Martians then it could NOT be said that Martians cheated the system more than average.

But if Martians overall represented just 5% of all fraud cases then that would mean that Martians were 50% less likely to commit benefit fraud than the rest of the ethnic population of he UK.

Similarly if Martians represented 12% of all benefit fraud cases then it could be said that 20% more likely to commit benefit fraud.

Lay on top of that that Martians may like to live in the warmest area in the UK - and I think that could be Cornwall - and we could see that Cornwall has a huge problem of Martian benefit fraud purely because the number of Martians living in Cornwall is greater than in the rest of the UK.

A fact that is undoubtably true based upon my last visit to the Duchy. 8-)

Just don't ask too many questions about Prince Charles and we may be OK 8-)

Guest 1footinthegrave

To be honest the reason this seemed perverse and maybe coincidental was the rapist getting off a week or so ago, and other cases, like the Poppy burners who were fined a paltry £50, I just wondered how on earth such a huge sum, and a second offence by one would result in not much more than a slap on the wrist, that's all.

Seems pretty obvious I'm the bad egg in bringing it up, oh well, sorry :-S

And I have no time for any benefit cheat be they be Black White or Green, and would be equally appalled to read of such a decision citing prayers and promises to be a better whatever obviously swaying the judge. :-S

I'll try it with my next speeding ticket ;-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-02-12 5:59 PM

To be honest the reason this seemed perverse and maybe coincidental was the rapist getting off a week or so ago, and other cases, like the Poppy burners who were fined a paltry £50, I just wondered how on earth such a huge sum, and a second offence by one would result in not much more than a slap on the wrist, that's all.

Well, in this case it seems from a superficial glance at the circumstances that it is a case of the wealthy being able to buy their way to a more lenient sentence. This is not a Muslim thing; it is a money thing. The culprits were so well off that they were able to say "have the money back" when they were caught. I think the leniency of the suspended sentence has much more to do with wealth than religion.

And it has nothing to do with the rape case, which we have already debated at length - different circumstances, different motives, different judgement.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Having given this some thought it would be interesting to know how they funded their "success" I'm guessing £400,000 would go some way to that, as much as some people earn in a lifetime. 8-)

A state funded illegally gained interest free loan ( twice ) then, OK for some, eh

I guess just another out of touch judge.

Archived