I've lit the blue touch paper, ha ha

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

We can pick out social class as being a reason, but that was never an excuse years ago, and I'm not sure that is still entirely true even now. I grew up on a council estate in the 40s / 50s and the one defining difference was people were raised to respect their elders, had a sense of discipline, and most took a pride in their homes and surroundings. I honestly cannot recall a single kid getting in trouble with the old bill in our road, other that a clout round the ear.

Now there's an industry grown up to excuse peoples actions, little or no discipline, family breakdown, and all the rest. BUT the bottom line is there is NO excuse.

As for the proportion of Muslim prisoners versus their population numbers, quite frankly I personally was astonished to read this, I'd assumed the closer family bonds I assumed they had, their religion and elders influences would have had a major impact on their lack or otherwise general criminality. In fact I'd assumed the proportion of Muslim prisoners would have been very small in relation to their population numbers, oh well what do I care so long as it does not affect me....................... :-S

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2013-02-13 10:45 AM

It’s a pity that what appeared to be becoming an intelligent discussion has been infiltrated by the usual suspect with his silly little comments about building more mosques and his suggestions, that have no truth whatsoever, such as the implication that Muslim benefit cheats are treated differently from other benefit cheats. To repeat, if you do a Google search on ‘Benefit cheats escape jail’ you’ll find mainly white Britons and the sums involved are often greater than the original one in this thread. That however doesn’t suit his agenda.

Thats the trouble with the PC liberal elite.............No sense of humour ;-)

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2013-02-13 9:42 AM

Just happy that we here in rural Gwynedd can still leave our keys in the car. ;-)

I can do that in Lincolnshire ;-)........

Apparently no self respecting car thief would be seen dead in a Rover Sterling :D................

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2013-02-13 4:49 PM

Yes Dave - and we all know that FG/HE has absolutely NO agenda at all!!

And as for a sense of humour?

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

I also suspect an advanced case of superiority complex :D

pelmetman - 2013-02-13 3:59 PM

Well, that made me laugh. I'm pretty sure that I have encountered Had Enough before on another motorhoming forum (there can't be two who write like that!) and on that other forum he was widely regarded as way out on the right of the political spectrum! It says a lot about this place that here he is seen as a part of the "liberal elite" (whatever that is)!

But whatever he is, he certainly isn't PC! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John 47 - 2013-02-13 6:23 PM

Well, that made me laugh. I'm pretty sure that I have encountered Had Enough before on another motorhoming forum (there can't be two who write like that!) and on that other forum he was widely regarded as way out on the right of the political spectrum! It says a lot about this place that here he is seen as a part of the "liberal elite" (whatever that is)!

Well I'm glad you've plugged it in ;-) .................but there's the difference if you don't mind me saying :D..........."I am as I type", no pretend isp address..............no pretending to be other people *-)................if you don't like my views then fine, no skin off my nose ;-)

Oooops just realised I posted whilst on ExpatTV :$...............as watching Antiques Roadtrip :D

The person who we unanimously agree is behind the 'Had Enough' username had an obsessional dislike of Dave the Pelmetman, if you look back a few posts you will see the same style of writing creaping back in when HE quoted and replied to one of Dave's posts. I particularly like the reference to " The lower echelons" Ha Ha, we were all inadequates to our beloved barrister, it would appear 'Had a change of name', views us the same.'

We might all be stupid in your eyes Mr Newname, but in reality, we aint.

Guest pelmetman
donna miller - 2013-02-13 7:13 PM

The person who we unanimously agree is behind the 'Had Enough' username had an obsessional dislike of Dave the Pelmetman, if you look back a few posts you will see the same style of writing creaping back in when HE quoted and replied to one of Dave's posts. I particularly like the reference to " The lower echelons" Ha Ha, we were all inadequates to our beloved barrister, it would appear 'Had a change of name', views us the same.'

We might all be stupid in your eyes Mr Newname, but in reality, we aint.

Dont scare him off Donna ;-).................I miss him :D..........besides his verbal thrashings are nuffink :D............since er in doors has read 50 Shades 8-)........

pelmetman - 2013-02-13 6:55 PM

Well I'm glad you've plugged it in ;-) .................but there's the difference if you don't mind me saying :D..........."I am as I type", no pretend isp address..............no pretending to be other people *-)................if you don't like my views then fine, no skin off my nose ;-)

Oooops just realised I posted whilst on ExpatTV :$...............as watching Antiques Roadtrip :D

Sorry, I've read that several times and I can't follow it. How does it relate to my point?

Guest pelmetman
John 47 - 2013-02-13 10:21 PM

Sorry, I've read that several times and I can't follow it. How does it relate to my point?

Now your just being difficult :D

pelmetman - 2013-02-13 10:24 PM

No, just bemused.

Guest pelmetman
John 47 - 2013-02-13 11:21 PM

pelmetman - 2013-02-13 10:24 PM

No, just bemused.

That's alright then coz I'm now befuddled :D

Archived