Nick Boles is Worried

cerro

Opening door to more migrants makes me nervous says planning minister Nick Boles.

And along with a good many more people it bloody terrifies me; we cannot take anymore in its affecting housing, Hospitals, benefits systems, jobs, the two poorest countries in Europe being let in is madness. We are going to be swamped and these goons in parliament have blinkers on or is there some underlying reason for this EU and successive governments close unnatural relationship

It’s not rocket science to see that in 5 to 10 years time there is going to be unrest and riots in this country over this problem most people can see it, so for our children’s sake we have got to stop it now we have 11 months to do something by marching, writing, I am leavening myself widen open to the do gooders on here but I do feel very strongly about it. And although I am not a literate person I am well read and very widely travelled so I am no idiot. I’ve sat at the side of a Pathan down from the mountains at Lahore with his sten gun across his knee because of the feuds; I’ve lived with the Gauchos in Argentina, and lived with the Indians in Alaska. To name just a few of the people I have met so I am experienced with diverse cultures If I am disbelieved e-mail me and I will give you details The reason I say this is because I sensed when I mentioned in a earlier post to prove a point that I had Soloed the Lauper route on the Eiger I don’t think I was believed. Different cultures do not mix In Bradford you have a little Pakistan in Boston I am told there is now a Polish community we want to keep our Identity. Rant over.

Symbol Owner - 2013-02-13 1:16 PM

CliveH - 2013-02-13 1:01 PM

Here we go again

So it seems, Clive.

Why 'Cerro' doesn't leave this topic alone (he can't even spell it properly) when it was 'done to death' on his previous thread I really don't know -- best left alone I deem.

Colin.

Perhaps one of the reasons that cerro, and others, do not leave this subject alone, is because they are never reassured by anyone in power that there won't be a problem.

( ...and on this forum are just likely to get their spelling criticised ).

I don't know why he should be " terrified " - but a lot of people are concerned - and are never reassured by anything said by those in power.

I think it is a mistake is to vent such concerns on a forum such as this when he might be better off directing his questions to his M.P.

Symbol Owner - 2013-02-13 2:01 PM

It looks as though 'The Government' in the shape of the P.M., is attempting reassurance at this moment Malc.................. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21442046

Colin

Yes Colin, I was watching P.M. questions today.

Apparently he is " looking at " the problem.

That will no doubt be followed by consideration of the problem, leading to an in depth investigation of the problem, followed by a review of the problem.

I doubt if cerro, and people with similar concerns, will be reassured by that.

:-|

I should add that in my view the most likely outcome to all these reviews is that we will be told that nothing can be done about it

:-(

Here we go again good god can’t anyone see it, it’s the main problem facing the government and the one main thing that will bring them down. If none of you can see into the future on what is going to happen you are ether blind or stupid but it seems to me a sensible chat on here is out of the question because you seem to want to do is win brownie points to see who can outdo each other with your flowery posts. Yes let me see now terrified was a figure of speech as I get off on danger like some of you get off on your flowery posts. And what was the other oh yes I don’t profess to be able to spell like I said in previous posts I can cross the arctic on snow shoes and live off the land but can’t spell or add. But if I was in a plane crash in the jungle or desert with anyone one of you I would survive and you wouldn’t why because I would eat you.

And with that I am definitley out of here I will just stick to the matters posts

Cerro threw his toys out of the pram and spluttered

"you have a little Pakistan in Boston I am told there is now a Polish community we want to keep our Identity. Rant over. "

Sorry to disilusion you Cerro but we do not have a little pakistan in boston. Ther are a lot of poles and other east europeans who mostly are no trouble at all. I agree that a stop to this mass imigration is a must, but you need to get your facts right if you are going to be taken seriously on this issue.

Guest Had Enough
peter - 2013-02-13 4:13 PM

Cerro threw his toys out of the pram and spluttered

"you have a little Pakistan in Boston I am told there is now a Polish community we want to keep our Identity. Rant over. "

Sorry to disilusion you Cerro but we do not have a little pakistan in boston. Ther are a lot of poles and other east europeans who mostly are no trouble at all. I agree that a stop to this mass imigration is a must, but you need to get your facts right if you are going to be taken seriously on this issue.

He probably meant Bolton as we know he can't spell.

Then again, as he's constantly telling us, he can dive off a ten storey building into a flat-cap full of water and on the way down rub two sticks together to make a warm fire to dry himself off.

I do think that the majority of people in the UK are indeed concerned about immigration and the adverse effects it is having on both the available space in the country and the social economic effects.

However, the problem is that we can do absolutely nothing about it. Even if every man jack of us was to march down Whitehall it would still make no difference. EU laws allow free movement between all EU States. What could be reduced is immigration from non EU countries but here again the Government of any hue does not wish to do anything about it. So, from that current policy it would appear that even if we did withdraw from the EU we would still have very high levels of immigration. Our problem is twofold. Firstly we do offer what appears to be better salaries and benefits to other poorer nations, although the fact that these are soon eaten up by higher costs seems not to matter. One solution is the develoment of slum dwellings, which is not something we should encourage at all. And secondly we speak English which is the most popular 2nd language in the world by a mile. People in Asia or Africa or Eastern Europe do not learn Italian, French or German as a 2nd language, they learn English so when deciding where to go the choice becomes more obvious especially as the US has stopped most immigration there. Some may argue that if that is the case why are we spending so much on teaching English to immigrants in school but these are children of immigrants. The initial immigrant probably does speak English but the subsequent dependents probably do not. . Plus the language spoken in their homes will be the original one. Our laws state that the country will pick up the tab to educate people in the local language, other countries have the reverse policy. Does not seem too smart to me.

The other thing to look at is the type of work that many immigrants are attracted to. There has been much comment that they go for work that is 'not appealing to indigenous UK citizens'. so agricultural work. However, they also drift towards unskilled shop work and cafes, especially the Polish, with the exception being the 'Polish plumbers' of course. This immediately reduces the availability for UK people to get these jobs even if they wanted them. Many Asian young people in turn aim for IT, engineering or mathematical work, or even medical, again areas where it seems the UK population either does not show interest, or may have left the UK for better times in those industries.

So the problem is much more complex than just a basic desire to stop immigration. If we had a skilled educated workforce then we would not need immigrants, plus if we had a system that 'encouraged' unskilled people to take unskilled work, then again we would not need immigrants. To the first point we do have skilled people but they are leaving in droves to other countries and we should be asking why, and how to change that. The second is harder unless welfare policies are changed and any attempt to do that seems to meet with howls of objection from both those who are dependent on it, and social/liberal influential groups.

So, unfortunately I do not see any easy answer and any new arrivals from Bulgaria or Romania will undoubtedly make matters worse as they will be competing in the very same areas other immigrants are currenlty working. That usually means violence. It will require coordinated action from the leading western economies such as France, Germany Holland and the UK to demand the EU change the laws to stop unrestricted movement to these countries. That may be coming as Germany is now very concerned and France has a lot of issues in this regard.

Not sure what all this " Ray Mears " type activity has to do with mass immigration to the U.K. - or why he keeps telling us about it.

However, it seems that my attempts to sympathise with his concerns are not welcome, so I'll leave him to his worries.

What a shame that some members find it necessary to belittle posts because of a few spelling mistakes or bad grammar .

I do wonder why those of far superior intelligence want to belittle themselves and contribute ( mostly in name calling ) to a chatroom full of morons .

My old Mum told me that those faceless folk who hide and call names are normally the ones whose mothers made them wear short trousers to school while all the big boys wore long kecks , takes allsorts I suppose .

Guest pelmetman
Symbol Owner - 2013-02-13 2:01 PM

It looks as though 'The Government' in the shape of the P.M., is attempting reassurance at this moment Malc.................. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21442046

Colin

The usual blah blah blah *-)..............and then they'll do sweet FA about it........ we already hear that GP's are being told to accept anyone who walks in the door 8-)

Except if your'e a returning expat from Spain or elsewhere >:-)

Read the post correctly peter before you engage brain.

In Bradford you have a little Parkistan I am told there is now a Polish community in Boston

I see we have another arm chair critic thats never left is arm chair to do something worth while, probable props the bar up and finds that his is be all and end all. sorry malc-d

malc d - 2013-02-13 4:38 PM

Not sure what all this " Ray Mears " type activity has to do with mass immigration to the U.K. - or why he keeps telling us about it.

However, it seems that my attempts to sympathise with his concerns are not welcome, so I'll leave him to his worries.

sorry put my message in wrong place.

I had to do a 'search' because I hadn't a clue what you were talking about. i gather he is a sort of modern day Baden Powell, maybe he goes into the woods with small boys too, I don't know.

malc d - 2013-02-13 1:56 PM

Symbol Owner - 2013-02-13 1:16 PM

CliveH - 2013-02-13 1:01 PM

Here we go again

So it seems, Clive.

Why 'Cerro' doesn't leave this topic alone (he can't even spell it properly) when it was 'done to death' on his previous thread I really don't know -- best left alone I deem.

Colin.

Perhaps one of the reasons that cerro, and others, do not leave this subject alone, is because they are never reassured by anyone in power that there won't be a problem.

( ...and on this forum are just likely to get their spelling criticised ).

I don't know why he should be " terrified " - but a lot of people are concerned - and are never reassured by anything said by those in power.

I think it is a mistake is to vent such concerns on a forum such as this when he might be better off directing his questions to his M.P.

Excellent post malc

1) Clearly there is a problem/issue that needs to be addressed and it it is not/has not been to some peoples satisfaction. My take on this is that the problem is being overstated but that is only my view.

2) Arrogant (it's not nice to insult people)s on here like to try to intimidate others by any means possible and that even extends to criticising how someones spells - My take on this is that such pedantry simply indicates how small minded you are.

3) I really do think that constant regurgitation of the same issue by the likes of cerro is stupid on a Forum such as this. It is simply a "Phishing" exercise by Trolls to wind up both sides of the debate.

cerro - 2013-02-13 3:28 PM

..... I get off on danger like some of you get off on your flowery posts. And what was the other oh yes I don’t profess to be able to spell like I said in previous posts I can cross the arctic on snow shoes and live off the land but can’t spell or add.

But if I was in a plane crash in the jungle or desert with anyone one of you I would survive and you wouldn’t why because I would eat you.

8-) .. .."..Nurse!.....Nurse!!.......cerro is gnawing on the other forumites again...." (lol)

Chill out cerro mate.. ;-)

Edit: Sorry Clive,I crossed your post :$

Totally agree, as far as forums are concerned,this topic is done to death...and when ever raised,just ends up going around in circles and whipping some up into a frenzy..

The results being that it devalues and "corrupts" the subject matter as a whole... :-S

Guest pelmetman
cerro - 2013-02-13 3:28 PM

but it seems to me a sensible chat on here is out of the question because you seem to want to do is win brownie points to see who can outdo each other with your flowery posts. Yes let me see now terrified was a figure of speech as I get off on danger like some of you get off on your flowery posts.

Your too dam sensitive Cerro *-)...............If you want danger........tell yer misses er bum looks to big in that frock 8-)..........apart from that get stuck in :D.......PS and use spellchecker I do *-)................and google ;-)..........It don't arf p*ss off der edjercated peoples (lol) (lol) (lol)

Dave225 - 2013-02-13 5:59 PM

malc d - 2013-02-13 4:38 PM

sorry put my message in wrong place.

I had to do a 'search' because I hadn't a clue what you were talking about. i gather he is a sort of modern day Baden Powell, maybe he goes into the woods with small boys too, I don't know.

My apologies Dave225 - I took it for granted that everyone knew of Ray Mears because of all his numerous TV series about survival in the wilderness - which is a subject that the OP ( cerro ) keeps mentioning for some inexplicable reason.

Have never seen Ray Mears name linked to the scout movement - but he may well be.

As far as I am aware Baden Powells' career was as an officer in the army, who later founded the scout movement - never heard it in relation to survival in the wilderness.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
donna miller - 2013-02-13 7:32 PM

malc d - 2013-02-13 7:25 PM

donna miller - 2013-02-13 7:22 PM

Yes this topic has been debated enough, now what's your thoughts on the legality of A frames in Spain?

I wonder why that subject has never come up before.

;-)

Everybody is too bloody busy talking about Muslims. :D :D

Is it legal for an atheist to tow an A frame through a Muslim/Christian country :-S

Well it is not surprising really Donna - Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses" covers the subject in some detail:-

"The Satanic Verses consists of a frame narrative, using elements of magical realism, interlaced with a series of sub-plots that are narrated as dream visions experienced by one of the protagonists."

I am surprised "a frames" are not banned throughout Europe - not just Spain!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Archived