site in Bath

ips

Mornin ips.

We've used the Marina a few times..I seem to recall that it wasn't exactly cheap but it's easily walkable into the centre,via the tow path or the main road(20-30min at a guess?)and obviously it's on a main bus route...

http://www.bwml.co.uk/marinas/bath_marina_and_caravan_park

We have also stayed at Newton Mill..which is(was?)a prettier site..but that was(or seemed) slightly further out and definately a bus ride in(..I recall,needing to catch quite a busy bus,on a housing estate...)

http://www.newtonmillpark.co.uk/

Of the two,for the purposes of visiting Bath,the Marina would be my choice... ;-)

Oooh!..it's been a few years since we've visited Bath and if it's 45mins,then it's longer than I recalled then,sorry about that.. :$

I know the one occasion that we used the tow path,as well as having to dodge loads of dog-muck,we could only use the path for part of the way(..I think they were doing some structural works?)and we ended up having to cut back in through a trade-estate type area... :-S

Sounds like the bus is the option to go for then... ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
Pepe63

.I recall, needing to catch quite a busy bus,on a housing estate ;-)

Really? My dear boy! How frightful! Akin to travelling on one of those awful ferry's on a weekend! *-)

The Marina would be our choice, you can get the park and ride bus or regular bus service. It's a nice walk along the towpath to the Victoria Park, with a super play park, pitch and putt, etc etc. from there, it's only another 10 minutes to the shops and centre of Bath. Bikes are certainly worth taking, you can cycle into the centre in 15 mins.

If you are in the caravan club there is a C/L at the back of the Newbridge P&R.

Very close to the marina campsite.

The chap who run's it is a smidge eccentric (IMHO),but he probably thinks some of us who turn up are.

A bit tight for big buses but it is all hardstanding of sorts.

Easy to walk down to the P&R bus, or catch the local bus into Bath or Bristol

If you feel like a walk the Cotswold Way is quite close and you can either walk out over the hills or the last bit into Bath centre.

Like everything Caravan Club you have a job to get in without booking 12 months in advance.

HWO

Many thanks for all the info, marina looks favourite so far. But will also have a look at the CC cl. mrs ips was looking at the C&CC site near devizes but not sure how far this is too Bath, says its on a bus route ?

Ian

Stayed at Newton Mill very popular with foreign vans in season and consequently on the expensive side. Resturant on site not bad, service a bit slow on the night we were in. Regular bus service in, or alternative is to cycle in along Bristol/Bath Cycleway, the Bath Marina Site is right next to the cycleway.

JudgeMental - 2013-02-15 1:02 PM

Pepe63

.I recall, needing to catch quite a busy bus,on a housing estate ;-)

Really? My dear boy! How frightful! Akin to travelling on one of those awful ferry's on a weekend! *-)

As I said, we were the only ones who actually haded over real cash to ride. Everyone else had a 'card/permit' to ride ;-)

Archived