ferry prices how do the clubs do it...

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

in case you have not seen this. copied from NEC thread:you have till the 24th

JudgeMental - 2013-02-19 9:30 AM

Can any visitors keep an look out for a dfds discount code please as they usually have a show offer. They have been put on here in the past with good discounts

Ina

Not been to the show, but found the link to the NEC offer on another forum, apparently it went "live" on the 17th.

Link: http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ferry-routes/ferry-to-france/NEC/

Ina.

bless you Ina thats the one!

just booked 2 returns, Easter and summer peak, for £10 less than i was quoted the other day for one..Thanks again Ina!

JudgeMental 2013-02-19 8:37 PM

"bulletguy",

I don't want to get into a diatribe but your last comment reinforces my suggestion that it is worth checking the prices through both clubs and the ferry company direct.

I think we both agree that you cannot necessarily believe that club prices will ALWAYS be cheaper - but sometimes they are.

If so, that is just one of the benefits of membership but I also accept that, whilst we are more than happy to be members of both clubs, there are some folks on this forum and elsewhere who don't want to be in one particular club or other and some folks who don't want to be in either. It is all about freedom of choice.

Not sure who 'Ina' is but THANKS Ina! :-D

I've just booked a £48 job.......peak sailing times too.......can't be bad.

Eddie you really do need to get on top of your 'quoting'.....couldn't make out exactly who to thank at first, but at least I know you raised the question.

Who needs a Club eh? ;-)

mel wood - 2013-02-19 10:39 PM

"bulletguy",

I don't want to get into a diatribe but your last comment reinforces my suggestion that it is worth checking the prices through both clubs and the ferry company direct.

I think we both agree that you cannot necessarily believe that club prices will ALWAYS be cheaper - but sometimes they are.

If so, that is just one of the benefits of membership but I also accept that, whilst we are more than happy to be members of both clubs, there are some folks on this forum and elsewhere who don't want to be in one particular club or other and some folks who don't want to be in either. It is all about freedom of choice.

BIB.....absolutely agree. I've never disputed that.

If there were any serious benefits from being 'a clubbie' then i'd join one right now but to be perfectly honest i've never found any. I used to be a C&CC member but saw nothing from it other than a 'free' sticker to shove on my screen. *-)

I tried one of their so called 'member only' sites once......and found the guy parked up next to me wasn't a member and had paid exactly the same as me, so what's all that about?

I get on perfectly fine and ok without being 'a clubbie' but recognise they obviously appeal to some folk.

Each to their own.

Guest JudgeMental
Bulletguy - 2013-02-19 11:29 PM

Eddie you really do need to get on top of your 'quoting'.....couldn't make out exactly who to thank at first, but at least I know you raised the question.

Who needs a Club eh? ;-)

the quote was from another thread...so not a clue how to do that.

anyway the main thing the message getting noticed

JudgeMental - 2013-02-19 11:52 PM

Who needs a Club eh? ;-)

the quote was from another thread...so not a clue how to do that.

anyway the main thing the message getting noticed

.....on the other thread (the one you wish to quote from), click the "QUOTE" button.

Highlight and copy the resulting text, then 'exit' (using the browser back button or whatever) without submitting.

Navigate to the thread and post to which you wish to reply (and use the copied quote).

Choose the "QUOTE" or "REPLY" button on this post, and paste the copied text into the resulting box.

Ends up with a nicely formatted quote being inserted from the other thread. (You can, of course, remove any of the copied text that you don't wish to use, and also add to the post with your own text, just as you would with a normal quote process).

;-)

Hi Judge,

It is amazing how they do it. We have booked through Alan Rogers a return Hull/Rotterdam overnight

ferry---out 1st June, back 27th July with upgraded cabin and 3 Camping Cheques included for circa £350.

We have not included food in this as we will go to the Bistro as the buffet has not been so good the last couple of trips. Our second trip over will be by train and free, using Tesco vouchers.

cheers

derek

Hi,

We got small 5% discount for the Hull Zeebrugge ferry with the C&CC and as we are returning via the Transmanche Dieppe to Newhaven route I found over 60's got a 20% discount on the fare - but only by phoning the LD Lines call centre. It's not available online or through the clubs

I also noticed that the Transmanche ferry is now a joint LD Lines and DFDS operation.

Steve 

That's me!! I don't come on to this forum very often, but just happened to see Eddie's request in the NEC thread, and as I happened to have seen a link to the NEC offer on another forum on Sunday, I posted it.

Glad to read that you got a really good deal ;-)

Ina.

Archived