Devon Aztec on Citroen Relay - thoughts?

deckboy

Ahoy

Anyone with first hand knowledge of the Devon Conversions' Aztec on a Citroen Relay LWB?

Having difficulty sourcing used models of my initial choice(s) ENC Fifer S and Globecar's Trendscout, but this looks like a good option.

Would appreciate your thought on actual experience of this van.

There's a tot o' Mount Gay if you keep this on a steady course :-D

Guest JudgeMental

Devon have been around for years and without checking their financials (always worth doing before you sign something or hand over monies:-S) when we looked at them at a show last year I thought they offered reasonable value in comparison to the other overprice UK vans at show....

just satisfy yourself that its well built, with particular attention to whats goin on under the skin (insulation etc...) Has adequate size tanks, and room for decent size gas bottles, batterys etc....You will be surprised that many are not that practical so be careful.

Guest 1footinthegrave
I may be wrong, but I think all of these vans are Sevel bases and are much of a muchness with only the badge being different. :-S You'll probably get extra kudos travelling in France though !

Interesting point about traveling in France because last year in Brittany our Citroen based Fifer got a lot of attention including a lovely couple who wanted to treat us to Champagne as a thank you for showing it to them.

Didn't disillusion then by telling them it was made in Italy !!

Have looked at many Devon conversions over the years but they never quite manage to build what we want. Not sure which model of Relay you are looking at, but have driven the 5 speed and 6 speed, 5 speed is the same as Fiat, the 6 speed 2.2 seems a bit quieter than the Fiat 2.3 IMO.

I note that the Aztec LWB is a bit bigger than the Trendscout, but substantualy bigger than the Fifer S, this can make a differance to where you can park as the fifer S can park almost anywhere a car can although it's a bit tight on the width, whilst the LWB often needs two end to end spaces and in some cases is banned from car parks.

colin - 2013-02-17 5:34 PM

I note that the Aztec LWB is a bit bigger than the Trendscout, but substantualy bigger than the Fifer S, this can make a differance to where you can park as the fifer S can park almost anywhere a car can although it's a bit tight on the width, whilst the LWB often needs two end to end spaces and in some cases is banned from car parks.

Thanks Colin.

Yes, would much prefer MWB or SWB, but used Globecar's Trendscout like proverbial hen's teeth and ENC Fifer S like gold plated hen's teeth :-S

So, just Googling away to see what comes to the surface.

Guest pelmetman
HymerVan - 2013-02-17 5:23 PM

Interesting point about traveling in France because last year in Brittany our Citroen based Fifer got a lot of attention including a lovely couple who wanted to treat us to Champagne as a thank you for showing it to them.

Didn't disillusion then by telling them it was made in Italy !!

Hymervan?......... are you sailing under false colours? 8-)..........If you have a Fifer ;-)

Guest pelmetman
HymerVan - 2013-02-17 6:26 PM

Had a Hymer now a Fifer .

At Bad Waldsee in 2010 we saw Hymers built on the production line in two hours.

We also saw our Fifer being built but that took several weeks !

Well that explains why Hymers are getting as common as muck :D

Afternoon all,

I have looked at the devon many times. They have areputation of being well screwed together. The layout never seams quite right for us and there is a bit too much carpet stuck in paces where a more cleanable surface would be better .I will be looking at them at the show this week. They seem fairly priced as well.

norm

Archived