Camping Maison Lafitte PARIS

peterjl

Hi everybody - some advice/thoughts please.

I posted a little while ago re Paris Campsites as i am running the Paris Marathon on 7th April.

Tony recommended an aire however it looks to me as if the marathon route goes straight through the car park so i will give that a miss in case there are any restrictions that weekend,

Another recommendation was Bois de Bolougne but the cost for 5 nights was going to be over 225 euros inc a 25 euro online booking fee. I thought that was ridiculous even for a city site

Another recommendation was Camping Maison Lafitte and i am close to booking but have a couple of queries:-

1)its an acsi site so do I really need to book or can i just rock up and get in? If I book ahead, even with their special offer, it will cost 149euros inc local tax but if i just rock up with an acsi card its only 16 euros a night - a big difference. Normally i never book up and although we have been turned away a couple of times mostly its no problem BUT i can't afford not to get in. Sooo has anybody just turned up in april and have there been spaces?

2) secondly the feedback on the ACSI site and trip advisor is not the best - again does anyone have any personal experience. I believe the facilities have been refurbished so they should be OK (maybe).

I have checked trains from the campsite and its an easy journey.

I originally just booked to run however my daughter in law and grandaughter have been found to have genetic heart problems so i have just started raising sponsorship for the BHF - trouble is this brings even more pressure to get this right.

Your thoughts would be welcome

Peter

Hi Peter

If the date of your visit is within the ACSI "window", I'd guess you will find space OK. The reduced rate usually reflects lack of demand. Arriving as soon as possible after 12:00 mid-day will also help, as will avoiding arriving at the weekend. It isn't open all year, so presumably the demand is seasonal.

Three things to be aware of. First, the railway bridge to the north-east of the site is (was when we were there!) a source of considerable noise, as they run freight trains at night, so stay as far south-west as you can.

Second, the seine is also a source of considerable noise, as the barges run late into the night. So, don't take the pretty, riverside, pitches on the south-east side! Quiet backwater to the north-west.

The site is on an island, and there is a single, narrow bridge, in, and out. 10 tonne limit, so you'll be OK, but you may need to put your wheels on the pavement as the carriageway is a narrow single lane. GPS is N48.93994 E2.14563.

Stayed there last year in September did not book,plenty of room ASCI prices ,yes as you enter the site get a pitch to right of reception,further away from railway.We were out all day so trains were not a problem.Trains got far less after about 10pm.Nice site ,with small restaurant on site.

Thank you everybody - that is all very helpful.

I have been rereading the ACSI book small print and it does seem to say you can book with an ACSI card at some sites of which this is one. I will send them an email and see what happens.

Once again thankyou.

Wish me luck

Peter

peterjl - 2013-02-18 9:51 PM

Thank you everybody - that is all very helpful.

I have been rereading the ACSI book small print and it does seem to say you can book with an ACSI card at some sites of which this is one. I will send them an email and see what happens.

Once again thankyou.

Wish me luck

Peter

A good idea.

We just turned up in April last year - no problem as there was lots of room. However, that may not be the case if marathon runners and families are using it.

We chose to be near the river at the left hand side of reception (ie towards the bridge but didn't find it particularly noisy). The new facilities block was fine (apart from there being no mirrors!!).

Good idea to book, as maybe the school holidays still?? Do they get 2 weeks for Easter.? Something to bear in mind , also may be worth booking ferry??

Good luck with your fund raising for the BHF

It's not often that ACSI sites are rough! Must be better than aire.

PJay

Hi and good luck with the marathon.

In my running day's I found the marathon was the easy bit. The hard work came when you had to collect the money from your sponsors after.

People suddenly develop short arms and deep pockets

All the best

HWO

My husband and I stayed at a wee campsite outside Paris close to the palace of Versailles.

It's called camp-P.A.J les Matelots

Great wee site has shower block toilets etc.

it's quiet and the people are very helpful .

The price was 6 euro per person

It has picnic area, it's disabled friendly. Close to train station .

I would highly recommend this wee place.

I hope you don't mind me posting Bev

Archived