AutoTrail Delaware Waste Tank?

rp272

The waste water in my motorhome has been 'reluctant' to empty ever since we got it. I have checked the under-sink traps, which were clean and sent several kettles full of boiling water down the kitchen sink to dislodge any build up of fat. 

The bathroom sink empties slightly better but air bubbles rise up as it does so. However when the drain tap is open water does run away without problem.

I suspect that the 'breather' on the grey waste tank might be blocked and that this might be causing an airlock.

Does anyone know exactly where abouts this 'breather' might be situated and the easiest way to access it.

I would welcome any advice.

Roger

Hi Roger

I suspect that to check for a "breather" it will entail removing the waste tank. Possibly easier to create a new one & then insert a short length of pvc tube.

It's also possible that the waste pipe(s) may be either kinked or have an in-built "u" trap due to their routing under the van or if a retaining clip has come undone.

• 8 months later...
Rather a late reply, but for anyone else with this problem...... the Delaware waste tank has 3 or four open holes in the top so it definitely doesn't need a breather in factory-shipped form. I know this as when I got my 2012 Delaware back to clean'n'green New Zealand I had to drop the tank, block all the extraneous holes and add a special breather pipe which exits above the highest internal vent point (i.e. sink of bathroom basin) to avoid the risk of unintentional leakage of grey waste outside the vehicle.

avocadopicker - 2013-10-27 4:21 AM

Rather a late reply, but for anyone else with this problem...... the Delaware waste tank has 3 or four open holes in the top so it definitely doesn't need a breather in factory-shipped form. I know this as when I got my 2012 Delaware back to clean'n'green New Zealand I had to drop the tank, block all the extraneous holes and add a special breather pipe which exits above the highest internal vent point (i.e. sink of bathroom basin) to avoid the risk of unintentional leakage of grey waste outside the vehicle.

avocadopicker sent you a PM

Archived