Dangerous Aires

henway

Hello to all my Fellow Gesticulaters

Thankyou for all your interesting replies, it is nice to know after spending years as a struggling trailor tenter that the Kings of the camping fraternity come to your aid with their none biased views I do not know what I would do if I did not have my pal Davy and this forum it makes one feel very proud to be a member of this fine establishment I feel humbled and I think the way you spell it, is alfhymers

Your Ardent bunting (it's not nice to insult people) Henway (lol)

Tracker - 2013-02-23 2:20 PM

silverback - 2013-02-21 11:42 PM

how do you do a spell check?

Check it out on the 'Whitch' website?

Or, if you're using a PC and Internet Explorer, "Google" ieSpell, download, and install. It hasn't the largest vocabulary in the world, but is a lot better than nothing.

henway - 2013-02-23 10:38 AM

... and I think the way you spell it, is alfhymers Your Ardent bunting (it's not nice to insult people) Henway (lol)

I remember seeing the phrase "(it's not nice to insult people)" in another posting some while ago and I assumed from the context that it was a replacement for an abusive/insulting word identified by the forum's 'bad language' checker. However, when I tried to produce "(it's not nice to insult people)" by typing in a series of words generally considered to be 'bad language' and then previewing the effect, I was never able to produce "(it's not nice to insult people)". Plainly what causes "(it's not nice to insult people)" to be produced must to be something in common parlance, otherwise the bad-language checker wouldn't be able to identify it.

I haven't a clue what "alfhymers Your Ardent bunting" means, but it would be nice to know what causes "(it's not nice to insult people)" to appear.

Guest JudgeMental
Alfhymers I thought very funny and probably miss-spelling of Alzheimer's . Which this piss taking numpty is assuming most on here suffer from....and with multi page threads on the wiper blades and the like, its either the weather or they are right. The amount of people who respond to rubbish posts like this is astonishing....alfhymers to be sure to be sure....

Never mind "alfhymers" (which, given this forum's subject matter, may be more subtle than it might first appear), what's "Your Ardent bunting" supposed to mean?

Running an advanced GOOGLE search shows that the phrase "(it's not nice to insult people)" has appeared occasionally since at least 2008. A recent example is here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Autotrail-window-leak/29583/

An explanation (I think) was given in the final posting of that thread, but (although I understand the "w***er" reference) I can't think of a word that "gr***er" would apply to and that's sufficiently offensive to be worth replacing with "(it's not nice to insult people)".

Guest JudgeMental
ha ha ha..remember that one! Irony going way over the heads as per usual. But I was spot on with the humorlessness.....Derek you need to get out more :-D

Guest 1footinthegrave

I think the "it's not nice to insult people" is generated on this website forum, I'll put it to the test for everyone now, by typing you w*a*n*k*e*r like that, and now the same thing without the asterisks,but of course I won't know for certain until I click the "submit" button, so here goes you w*****, :D no that did not work, I'll try again piss off, ok feck off you jerk. :D

No I'm wrong about that although w*anker, and the F word were automatically altered, although piss off was apparently OK. :D

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2013-02-24 3:46 PM

For some reason Scunthorpe used to be one of the censored ones! *-)

Not surprised.......... have you ever been there!

Some people! The term refers to his/her actions when faced with one or more Motor-homes on the road ....................He/She waves in the same way that a semaphore signaller would do so. thus he/she is a signaller  or in Navy parlance a 'Bunting T*sser Q.E.D.'

Your Ardent bunting (it's not nice to insult people) Henway http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gif

See Simples!!!!!!

Retread24800 - 2013-02-24 5:13 PMSome people! The term refers to his/her actions when faced with one or more Motor-homes on the road ....................He/She waves in the same way that a semaphore signaller would do so. thus he/she is a signaller  or in Navy parlance a 'Bunting T*sser Q.E.D.'

Your Ardent bunting (it's not nice to insult people) Henway http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gif

See Simples!!!!!!

Well done - I finally worked out the "toss*r" reference from Michele's posting in this 2007 thread. http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Best-way2mount-motorbicycle-in-Hymer-garage/7457/How disappointing - I thought it would be much ruder than that!

Archived