Swift bolero 2013 or autotrail 2013?

Jasonoliver

I consider Autotrail better made than Swift and definitely better after care from Autotrail.

However much depends on your supplying dealer and, if a long way from home, whether a local to you dealer will be happy and able to do warranty work and servicing?

Hi Jason

We have had both Swift and Autotrail, and liked both...now as you see we have an Apache 632, fell in love with the layout, and the garage to house our bikes. Lot's of cupboard space on the low line. Always find things that can be improved but to be fair nothing big..

Good luck in your search, that's the best part....

We had an Ace 680FB built by Swift we now have an Autotrail Tracker on order the Swift build is in no way as good as the Autotrail . If you have chance to you can book a factory visit to Autotrail at Grimsby and see the motorhome build from the chassis to dispatch certainly well worth the time. You book online via the Autotrail website spaces are limited and are held on the last Thursday and Friday of each month and lasts approx 3 hours.

We have an AutoTrail 632 and love it. Best layout we have ever had. Massive storage under the rear sprung matteres rear bed. Feet up lounging in the front. Very high degree of insulation that keeps us warm easily in all weathers. Very high build quality and good customer service. Mods made by us. Fittings taken out of the cocktail cupboard, space consuming crockery rack removed and extra shelf put in, purpose made wine rack installed in front of garage accessible from inside, similar unit to take beer cans (Old Speckled Hen) under one of the front benches. Weight limit is a bit tight but adequate unless you travel with a full tank of water etc. AutoTrail do build em heavy to provide the quality. The weight of the sprung matterres is immense but they are darn comfortable.

No problems so far other than having to have some of the led strip lights over the cab and upper storage lockers replaced. Not a problem you should have on a new unit as the spec seems to have been improved for these.

I don't know what the delivery position is now but it was a little long when we had ours in 2011. Not cheap but as one of our sons always used to tell us when wanted something "You do get what you pay for Dad"!

Tip. Use marine polish to protect and enhance the GRP. We use Starbright which I now note is stocked at a very good price by Tow Sure.

kelly58 - 2013-02-23 8:34 AM

One thing not mentioned is the spare wheel . There is one on the Autotrail , but I cannot comment on the new Swift models our Ace did not have a spare only a pump and junk repair kit.

And mounted in a 'sensible' place on the rear of the vehicle, easy to access. As for the 'Payloads not adequate' mine has a 4250kg chassis giving me a good payload. And Road tax at £160, which helps pay for the medical when I reach 70. Ray

kelly58 - 2013-02-23 8:34 AM

One thing not mentioned is the spare wheel . There is one on the Autotrail , but I cannot comment on the new Swift models our Ace did not have a spare only a pump and junk repair kit.

Not only does the AutoTrail have a spare wheel but its mounted on a carrier on the back with its own lockable cover so at least you can actually get at it and even stow the wheel you have taken off with relative ease. Unlike those wheels mounted on the standard none lockable Fait mount under the motorhome at the rear. I once help an elderly couple change a wheel and gave up trying to get it back into the Fait carrier on my own. Bunged it inside for the on a copy of The Telegraph. Broad sheets do come in handy sometimes!

Our Cheyenne 630 has a rear locker under the end kitchen which houses our spare wheel, jack and a few more odds and ends.

I'm unsure how many ATs have this locker and not all come with a spare wheel as AT try to keep the payload usable but it is easy enough to add a spare wheel as no modifications are needed - just slip it in!

But you do need to be careful with all vans regarding stated payload before extras and actual payload after extras.

Archived