VIRUS WARNING

teflon2

Just recieved this warning from trusted friends. If you recieve an e/mail from simon25@HOTMAIL.CO.UK or titled Mail Server Report don't open it delete it immediately, if you open it it says It's too late now your life is no longer beautiful. It's a hacker virus which will clear out all information on your P.C. then crash it. It seems antivirus software is incapable of destroying it. ( if this is untrue I apologise in advance but if it's true beware) John

Hi

Whenever I get a message of that sort I always check on Snopes or another of the urban myth websites. It seems that this one has been doing the rounds for years and is a hoax. However, as you say, it is always best to delete any e-mail you are not sure of.

Thanks for the info Teflon - it's always well to be informed about these things seeing that there are so many dodgy emails about. As John says it's as well not to open any emails unless you know who the sender is, although I got one from a good friend of mine last week - my Kaspersky virus thingy refused to open it . it seems that his address book had been compromised and the message was not from him - just someone using his emai address to pass a Trojan program around. Hey Ho...

Ian

Archived