Carthago motor homes

Charlie boy

Guest JudgeMental
My sister and brother in law (HD owners) did the 66 a few years ago and really loved it.. doing the Rocky mountains this year.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In France last year, at the Hirel aire, there was a new Carthago "Highliner" A-class in silver on a 6.5/7.0tonne Iveco chassis. This was towing a covered trailer, colour-matched with Carthago decals, in which was a silver and chrome Harley-Davidson motorbike. On the back of the motorbike was a colour-matched chrome-plated carrying-cage for the owners' small dog. The owners had, of course, colour-matched helmets and leathers, but the dog was a brown terrier. It spoiled the effect I thought - I'd have sprayed the dog silver.

Not sure what this thread has morphed into but on an aire in France we saw a lovely Cathargo 41 r, on a merc 412, 1999 model.

A german owned it obviously, and he was very keen to show me around it, very proud of it he was.

That model would be on my shopping list if I could find a private seller in the uk.

regards

Allen

I don't think Carthago were officially imported into the UK in the 1990s and, even if you could find a Mondial of that era in this countrty, it would be in LHD format. Not too difficult to find them being advertised abroad though and there's a test-report here:

http://www.camping-world.at/dbimages/linkdb/1233919464Profitest_RMI_04_96_Mondial_41.1.pdf

Archived