Benisol Benidorm

Iain Strachan

Iain Strachan - 2013-02-27 6:26 PM

Hi just arrived at the Benisol site, shock horror the bars shut! Any forum people on here?

To talk motorhomes to?

Cheers

Most Brits stay at Villasol, El Raco or the Torretta where you are within walking distance of the beach, bars and entertainment.

Guest JudgeMental
Mike88 - 2013-02-28 8:24 AM

Hi just arrived at the Benisol site, shock horror the bars shut! Any forum people on here?

To talk motorhomes to?

Cheers

Most Brits stay at Villasol, El Raco or the Torretta where you are within walking distance of the beach, bars and entertainment.

How's the weather Mike?. And is site full please...heading down end of March...

Ian, have never heard of this site, so I googled and there seems to be 2. One in town and one heading north toward Alfir ...Are there many English on site, Just have a walk around and have a chat.....

JudgeMental - 2013-02-28 9:36 AM

Mike88 - 2013-02-28 8:24 AM

To talk motorhomes to?

Cheers

How's the weather Mike?. And is site full please...heading down end of March...

Ian, have never heard of this site, so I googled and there seems to be 2. One in town and one heading north toward Alfir ...Are there many English on site, Just have a walk around and have a chat.....

Eddie : I now only go to Benidorm from September to November but am told by campers there that the weather overall has been good this year as it was last year. For the previous few years the weather has been not that good over the winter but far better than here of course. March is a great time to go; still a bit chilly at night but shorts and tea shirts in the day.

Guest JudgeMental

we had great weather last year during same period....

Really would like some feed back on how busy sites are and if we need to book...So anyone down there please advise. Also if you are walking past Arena Blanca are there campers in the car park..as a sure fire indication that they are full :-D

Hi All

We got back yesterday.

Judge: everywhere is busy. I spoke to a couple in Calais yesterday who said that there were only a couple of pitches free in Almafra- which is very big. We saw 7 people on car park at Arena Blanca where we got one of only 2 free pitches- it was an absolute nightmare to get into which was why it was free! Javea also very busy as was the site at Altea. So yes I think you do need to book.

Iain: If you are at Benisol make sure you go to El Cisne for the food, drink & entertainment on Thursday, Saturday & Sunday afternoons. It is free and the flamenco show at 3pm on saturday is super. The bar does good food & drink . Also if you want some more local flavour walk up the road towards Almafra and call in at the station cafeteria- its good and haas free wifi. Enjoy the rest of your trip

Bob

Thanks guys, Bensol bar is shut on a Wednesday, but we found one just across the road, the Alhambra, lovely! Eddie this site is busy had a quick walk around just now after the thunder and lightening storm passed complete with hail. Only saw 2 pitches empty. Bob glad you had a good trip the sun is out now so we will be off to look for this flamingo bar!

Cheers all

We were in that area about 4 weeks ago and almost all the sites were full or very nearly. Lot of people in Benidorm but noone seemed to be spending much. Sunday market was busy but only food/fruit stalls seemed to be selling much.

Weather was good most of time but a few windy days-we didn't have any rain from Jan to end of Feb. Thunderstorm on 28/2-1/3 30 hrs of torrential rain and site flooded at Peniscola. Scorching sunshine on 2/3 all day! On saying that, journey up through France so far it has been torrential rain everyday until today!

In Orleans now and it was lovely and sunny today and quite warm

Mike

We're on LaTorreta. There's a few spaces empty, and the weather has picked up!

Are there any cycle menders here ? I've got a noisy rear wheel bearing (shimano 9 speed rear hub) and don't have the special spanners to remove the very slim hex nuts / cones.

regards

Allen

Guest JudgeMental
wints - 2013-03-08 12:36 PM

Are there any cycle menders here ? I've got a noisy rear wheel bearing (shimano 9 speed rear hub) and don't have the special spanners to remove the very slim hex nuts / cones.

regards

Allen

I'm on the way! :D

Well ...not exactly but will be there for Easter. no skills but have a Lidl bike tool kit full of mysterious implements..

try a call to one of these?:

http://costablanca.angloinfo.com/af/576/costa-blanca-bike-hire-scooter-and-cycle-rental.html

http://www.benidormbikes.com/

JudgeMental - 2013-03-08 12:51 PM

wints - 2013-03-08 12:36 PM

regards

Allen

I'm on the way! :D

Well ...not exactly but will be there for Easter. no skills but have a Lidl bike tool kit full of mysterious implements..

try a call to one of these?:

http://costablanca.angloinfo.com/af/576/costa-blanca-bike-hire-scooter-and-cycle-rental.html

http://www.benidormbikes.com/

Bloody hell !! That's a long way to travel to benidormbikes......check it out!!

Went to the bike shop in Albir. Mechanic confirmed noisy bearing but wouldn't repair it, he wanted to sell me a new wheel.

The Lidl kit sounds good to me. We'll be here till about April 10.

regards

Allen

Archived