Buying second hand motorhome in uk

Yanita50

Hi

Whilst browsing the web in search of a second hand motorhome I came across Toddsmotorhomes and they are selling a camper which I am quite interested in but as I live outside UK this means that I would have to fly over especially to check this motorhome before committing myself through the net, so I was thinking if anyone could advice me whether or not this company is trustworthy. Thanks

I have no knowledge of Todds Motorhomes but have no reason to doubt that they are anything other than a reputable dealer.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will report back.

I note that in 2008 they were Best Performing Dealer in the Country IN THE CARAVAN CLUB SURVEY.

H

Guest JudgeMental
welcome to the forum. more information would be useful as IF you live in Europe why on earth would you want a RHD van,,,Its not the dealer you need to worry about so much...its the quality of what you are buying

Beware of buying at distance.

You seem to know what you want - may I ask is that based on experience or a hunch?

With so much money at stake you really ought to see, inspect and drive any van prior to purchase as there are very often items that need attention on any used van.

With the best will in the world so many salesmen are just that these days - salesmen - and they will leave it to the customer to discover any faults and things that don't quite work as they should.

No doubt the dealer is honest and service dept will readily correct any issues - but only if they know about them - and you really can't rely on a quick check by them to ensure that everything is good to go - and even then there may a delay for parts, which if you live hundreds of miles away or have time constraints can be a real issue.

We always spend the first night or two close to the dealer when we buy a van as there are almost always issues to sort out the next day.

As the sayings go -

'caveat emptor' - let the buyer beware!

Act in haste - repent at leisure!

Yes. very good firm to deal with but usually their prices always seem to be a bit dearer than other dealers. They have been in business quite a long time.

There are a couple of more dealers in the Preston area so have a look at them before committing yourself. Marquis at Preston and Campbell's in Chorley

Dave

Guest pelmetman
Bolly1965 - 2013-03-01 7:09 PM

Todds have been going for years and are very well known in the area. I have never personally used them but I've only heard good things

Ditto ;-)...............

Archived