NEC Int Caravan & Motorhome Show - Oct 06

Mel B

I've just been having a shuftie at the show's website and have seen the cost of staying overnight at the Caravan Club campsite ... £20.00!!! Yes, it does include electric, but seeing as the Camping and Caravanning Club only charged £11.00 I believe for their temporary campsite at the show earlier in the year that's a heck of a lot to pay for electric!!! I thought that £11.00 a night was a bit steep to stay on a car park ... but £20.00!!! Am I missing something?

Hi We stayed on the CCC temporary site two years ago. No electric but waste dump facilities & fresh water. Beware though re fresh water as we saw folk cleaning their loo out using the fresh water hose. They do provide unlimited continuous courtesy car transport to & fro from the show. Think thats where a large chunk of the fee goes. Motorhomer

Guest starspirit
Typical Caravan Club arrogant attitude. As we all know they have their own agenda which includes NEVER being wrong and an inherrent dislike of all Motor Caravans but a particular dislike and lack of understanding of those who have the temerity to arrive unbooked and only want to stay one night and eben then without electric. I did not renew my membership when the compulsory electric charge came in and after 20 or so years they never even asked me why. After a few years now without CC membership I really have not missed them and can do very well without them.

I'm not going to pay stupid prices so instead I've just booked us into the Brownhills overnighting area at Newark for the Friday and Saturday nights, it's about half way between our home and the show so makes it nice and easy - about a hour's drive from Newark so we'll set off earlyish on the Saturday morning from Newark, get a parking spot at the NEC, have breakfast, walk the dogs and be raring to go!!! If anyone else is doing the same let us know, it'd be nice to meet up for a chat in the evenings.

Archived