how do you get a picture on forum

michele

here you go Michelle 1st - find a pic on your pc you want to use, and save it somewhere easy to find - like the desktop and call it something simple like michellemmm. Make sure the image isn't too big about 100kb should be ok 2nd - go into control panel - bottom right hand corner of the box which will say Welcome, Michelle 3rdScroll to the bottom of the page to images 4th go to upload profile image and click on browse, this will open up a box and you then need to navigate to where you saved your pic 5th click on you pic and then press go! and that should do it, unless of course I have left out an important step - but if I have someone will jump in and help Good night folks Carol thunder and lightening and chucking it down with rain as I type this.....

Guest starspirit
I am too much of a gentleman to ever call you barking mad (if you believe that you are more gullible than most!) unless of course you live on the Isle of Dogs?

ok i will change it :-S but i really dont look any better ............ at the moment here in lovely Essex it is tipping down can't wait to run out to bessie to see if the rain has got into the wardrobe and soaked everything again and broke the pace box again more later 'thanks everyone

• 2 weeks later...
Geoff sorry don't know tech no phobic my Daughter done it ........she not hear to ask..........she went into I THINK) start up up to my computor then to my pic's the right click pic copy back to O&A dropped it into here...try you wont get nothing wrong...........

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Geoff, I used a program called Irfanview which I downloaded from their web site but any program where you can resize you photos will do. a. I resized my photo to 100x75 pixels b. I saved this photo into my pictures c. I then went to control panel and scrolled to images d. clicked on browse in upload profile photo e. find your photo in my pictures and click on it I forget the rest but just follow the sequence and it should work.

Hmmm .... I can't make this work either. I have done all that, I think. So, in 'control panel', right at the end I have a section called 'images'. At the bootom of that my 'existing image' is shown ... just the picture I want to appear. But does it appear on posts? Does it h*ll! Help! Dumbo ... aka ...

Tries a couple of days ago, without success.......several times! Got a pop-up message to smay there was a problem at that time! It's a pity there are some instructions included as to exactly what is the procedure, for those of us, like me, who are not highly computer literate. First question would be, having chosen the pic you want to use, how to shrink it to the required size (which as far as I can see is not inidcated anyway!) There mjust be some easy steps, I'm sure ....!

Archived