Radio Remote

gocro

I'm trying to fit my new JVC KD-G431 using an Autoleads 099-X29 with link lead to my 07 Boxer and having no joy.

Does any one recognize the link lead? I've seen a picture with a stereo plug on the end and I'm not sure if I've been sent the wrong kind.

20130317_101330.thumb.jpg.7a99a59c5a601f2944bb25f72c62eef0.jpg

If you read the post, I stated 07 Boxer.

The interface is recommended as the nearest equivalent Fiat part, as commercial vehicles are not catered for .

I was hoping for replies from people who have experience of these interfaces.

gocro - 2013-03-17 2:32 PM

The interface is recommended as the nearest equivalent Fiat part, as commercial vehicles are not catered for .

....I'm sure that Dave does have such experience ;-)

I'm not sure if the following will help you, but here goes:

The Autoleads website doesn't show a Boxer-compatible steering wheel adapter. I would hope that you've taken advice on whether the one you are intending to use is appropriate.

The Connects2 website (the other major supplier of such leads) at http://www.connects2.co.uk/ does, however.

It is also obvious on this site that Kenwood head units have two different types of connection, for which a different final adapter is required. If you browse, the pictures may make it obvious which one you need, and whether you have it (or at least, the Autoleads equivalent).

Follow

http://www.connects2.co.uk/ProductCategories.aspx?Groupid=2

then click on the LH picture and the two Kenwood adapters are shown at the bottom (and the pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them).

Now, it isn't entirely obvious what particular problem you have.

I would have thought that the "fit" (or otherwise) of the final adapter to the radio would be obvious from offering it up. If it doesn't fit, then maybe the (an) alternative is the one you want.

If, however, the kit all fits together, but doesn't work with your vehicle, then the compatibility of the main part of the adapter looks suspect.

(It is very unlikely that the final adapter from Connects2 will fit the Autoleads unit, or vice versa, so I don't recommend mix and match - if you can't get your current set-up to work, I'd suggest you browse the Connects2 site, and look to buy the units there (they are widely available online) which are specified for your vehicle).

gocro - 2013-03-17 2:32 PM

My apologies, I didn't spot it. Sorry I can't help.

Perhaps the supplier can give you some advice.

D.

Just had some advice from the seller,just connect the two loose wires together.

Result.I now have a radio that doesn't switch off every twenty minutes, allows an external input and all the steering wheel remote controls work.

Guest JudgeMental
On my 2011 fiat X250 radio switched off with ignition. rewired to permanent feed and battery used to go flat, as there is a drain from radio even when switched off...... had to fit an illuminated switch to break feed.

I have tried several times to get a remote fitted on my Ducato 2001 but always told one is not available. I have no intention of trying to do it myself but as a lone traveller a would be very useful. Does this mean one is available now? I have another complication though as the steering wheel is removeable.

Patricia - 2013-03-18 10:08 PM

I have tried several times to get a remote fitted on my Ducato 2001 but always told one is not available. I have no intention of trying to do it myself but as a lone traveller a would be very useful. Does this mean one is available now? I have another complication though as the steering wheel is removeable.

We have a foolproof remote for the radio/aux amp on our 2001 Ducato: plug lead into dash unit when we want to use it to amp our mini tv/dvd/.usb screen unit thingy, and at the end of the evening I go to front of van and I turn it off.

Works brilliantly, and is wire-free, and costs nowt (other than wine) :-D

Archived