harrogate show

lizken

According to my plan (and the one you can see on the Warners website) many of the traders (including us) are indoors in two large halls at Harrogate, and those that are not are on hard standing around the buildings. The car parking is also on hard standing so there shouldn't be any problems with getting bogged down if it's wet.

Steve

Brit_Stops - 2013-03-20 9:51 AMAccording to my plan (and the one you can see on the Warners website) many of the traders (including us) are indoors in two large halls at Harrogate, and those that are not are on hard standing around the buildings. The car parking is also on hard standing so there shouldn't be any problems with getting bogged down if it's wet.

Steve

And it`s probably a very good job that it is on Hardstanding because that is one Seriously Soft Showground.Anyone who knew the Caravan Club Site that used to to be there will knowwhat i mean because if you happened to put one wheel on the grass after ithad been raining got stuck !

Lobster - 2013-03-20 11:45 AM

You had me worried for a minute then Steve, I didn't know there were any traders outside. But I've just checked and we're definitely indoors too....big relief!

Hope to see lots of you there.

Chris

Alright Chris!! Didn't know you were a member on here. They are all bonkers on here mind. How's bobilstore going? :-D

I had forgoten the show was on and Im only down the road. Might see you there

Was intending to visit today but can't even open the garage to get the car out! 12 inches of snow and 2-3 foot drifts here and it's still snowing!- we are only 40 minutes away from Harrogate.

Forecast is same for tomorrow but with a bit of luck we might make it Sunday-all this for a windbreak & and some toilet chem!

Just returned from braving the snow and biting winds to visit the show, we live 30 mins away. Very disappointing, the "megastore" accessorys hall was mediocre with some stall holders not turning up. All motorhomes are outside and you will need your thermal undies on to look round them!.

Thanks to the Britstop link , we down loaded the voucher for admission, 2 for £10, glad we did.

We joined Britstop this year and had a nice chat with them at their stand.

Sadly we were going to go today partly to catch up with our friends Catherine and Chris from http://www.bobilstore.com but the weather is awful and due to get worse. We live in the Dales and whilst we might have got there we might not have got back! I was looking forward to seeing a few new vans although I suspect I will be keeping Hank the Tank until his wheels drop off!

My sympathy goes out to all those traders who I suspect will be dissapointed this weekend.

According to the pie stall holder at Newark who's boss is manning a stall at the Harrogate show, Harrogate have had 18 inches of snow! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

I knew I should have gone to Harrogate instead of Newark, at least I could have had a snowball fight to keep warm there! (lol)

Well it's still thigh deep up here and howling gales!

Not going to dig the drive out to get out to get stuck on the road-think we'll wait until it warms up and visit a show later in the year when it's just floods!

Anyone round Grange Moor who wants 2 free tickets-you can have 'em if you come and collect 'em

Mike

Archived