Aires and Wild spots by water

Barryd999

Lots of us like to park by the water. Be it the sea, lake or river. Many of us like fishing or indeed boating.

After last years trip I put together a PDF of places where you can park overnight and launch a boat.

I posted this on MHF's a while back as there was a boating thread going but I couldnt see a way of putting a download on here so I have put it on my own site.

We carry a small 10ft rubber dinghy with us and I have rowed it all over Europe. I know some of you carry Kayaks etc so you might find the guide useful. It may also be useful for people who enjoy fishing or just generally being in or by the water!

All the spots are either Aires, Sostas, Stellplatz or wild camping spots. There are no campsites.

Hopefully if we ever get away again we might be able to add to it.

Here is the link

https://sites.google.com/site/hanktestsite2/downloads

Hi Barry; thanks for the effort! really worthwhile thing to do, and complete with pic's.

Water can make a nice spot perfect. We don't take any sort of inflateable; at the moment; but it's got me thinking!

Maybe more of us could produce an interesting list, not necessarily water based; just a thought.

regards

alan b

Really useful info - thanks - some nice places for the inflatable Kayak.

Or if you're ever in Southern Brittany try the river Villaine.

Anywhere between Guipry and Redon, follow the Tourist Route there are many fantastic places to overnight right on the river bank.

Take a look on Google Earth you'll see what I mean.

Not bad the other side of Redon going down to the Arzal Dam either :->

It feels like its been a long winter. It was only last Autumn when we were drifiting around watching the sun go down after a long ho sunny day on the lake somewhere in the south of France.

Feels like a life time ago now!

I have always loved the water and getting out on it. I think some kind of craft is a great addition to your motorhome toys. Its also a good way to lose the crowds in peak season. Go off and find your own private beach or sometimes island.

Happy days

826223824_lakesmall.JPG.adb2492e9a3bb3508d6ebdfd85e9d2f8.JPG

Well the first one I got was a 3 metre Quicksliver Aire deck with an 8hp Yamaha outboard. Cost a few quid and went like the clappers but the whole lot was just way to heavy and cumbersome to manage. We only used it twice before selling it.

All I have now is a 3 metre cheapy off Amazon. Cost about £50. There doesnt seem to be anything in between. The first one lasted a summer before sinking in 2011 in France! The second one lasted all last summer but is easily punctured. I bought an expensive repair kit in France and just patch it up now.

Thought about Kayaks but the good thing with the dinghy is two of you can go out and laze about, read a book or even have a beer. Im considering a decent single Kayak as well now though as I would like to tackle some faster rivers.

Thanks for that bit of advice.I was set to spend a lot more,but now am going for the cheapest, to see if we get away with it.I found a two man affair with inflater and oars for £35 with postage.

Intex Seahawk 2 200 Two Man Inflatable Boat Set from Outdoor Leisure

I have a 2.4m "Wetline" dinghy with slatted floor and 3hp mercury outboard. We used it as a tender when we had the boats. Never taken it anywere in the MH as yet but the point of the post is that if anyone is interested in a suitable dinghy for MH use then a "Lightweight" model with slatted floor is the way to go.

Example

http://www.marinemegastore.com/product.asp?pf_id=BUR_260260&jump=0&cat_id=&cid=EWM5G4BOXDEN5YFYXC0XPQA9Q4EVUQJF

gocro - 2013-03-21 1:01 PM

Thanks for that bit of advice.I was set to spend a lot more,but now am going for the cheapest, to see if we get away with it.I found a two man affair with inflater and oars for £35 with postage.

Intex Seahawk 2 200 Two Man Inflatable Boat Set from Outdoor Leisure

That will be similar to ours but a bit smaller. You should have some good fun with it. The repair kits that come with them though are crap. I bought a small tube of repair glue from a chandler in France for about €17 which you just scrape over any small hole and 24 hours later its as good as new.

Only managed two punctures in a six month trip last year. I think we did 13 lakes, 3 rivers and one canal across five countries and rowed over 100 miles.

I also take a large inflatable ring / tube and a lilo. In the Dolomites last summer we found quite a few fast flowing rivers that emptied into lakes so did a bit of white water liloing and tubing down them. Brilliant fun and they are throw away items so if they get wrecked it doesnt matter although I have had the tube for about ten years.

Archived