Sites near cycle routes

I'm aware of the Green Ways website (voiesverte) about sites near cycleways which run alongside canals and disused railway lines.

I will be checking it out but if anyone out there can suggest sites they have used i'd be very grateful. I'm thinking mainly about the area South of Nantes between Nantes and Saumur but, as we tend to sail to St Malo and then head South then other suggestions between St Malo and Nantes and also further South also more than welcome.

Mid June to mid July is the current plan so before the French invade they're own country.

John :-D

La Chavrette at Digoin is a great site next to the Loire with a great canal side long distance path just a couple of hundred metres away . I dont know if this is any where near your planned route. There is also a masif Aire next to the campsite if you prever Aires but the campsite is very good value.

Between St Malo and Nantes you could do a little detour from the motorway [10mins] down to Messac/Guipry.

You can cycle the length of the Villaine from there - fantastic wildlife along the bank and will take you all the way to Redon and beyond.

There is an Aire and a really nice little CM in Messac

Many thanks Cliffy. That site is a bit out of the way for this year's plans. But I have taken note for future visits.

The Messac/Guipry suggestion looks good globebuster. There is a Municipal in Guipry shown in Caravan Europe 1 (under Bain De Bretagne ?) The one in Messac isn't shown in the book (I presume CM is Camp Municipal). They are both on the list for a potential visit. Many thanks.

John

Archived