Remapping a 3 ltr Fiat Ducato Based Motorhome

Frank McAuley

dawki - 2013-12-06 5:11 PM

derek pringle - 2013-12-06 12:04 PM

Hi Frank,

We have a Bessacarr 560 [2011] with 3ltr comfortmatic on 4 tonne chassis and we have been up some scary hills and mountains with absolutely no problems, bags of power. On top of this, after doing just over 4000 miles the trip is showing 29.6 mpg. I think it is a great set up and if changing vehicles would want same engine/gearbox type. I considered remapping originally when thinking mpg would be worse but no need on economy front.

good luck

derek

Any idea what the actual MPG is Derek, rather than what the trip computer is showing

Hi Dawki,

I did check the mpg over a few tankfulls of fuel when the van had about 7k miles on the clock. At that time the consumption worked out to be 27.1mpg , The trip at that time showed 26.8, so I am hoping that the extra mileage has 'loosened' the engine as they say and the return has genuinely increased, although I did make a conscious decision to drive in a light footed way. As I say in my earlier post we have driven on a good cross section of roads from motorways to mountain passes etc.

cheers

derek

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived