Reich Pelikan Mixer Tap

Nick Kirby

Morning All,

I have a minor leak that has developed at the bottom of the tap in the kitchen area of my camper. It is at the bottom of the tap between the knuckle of the spout and the plastic ring that sits on the work top. Water then collects around the base of the tap on the work top and lt happens after the tap is operated, which is why I do not think it is the ceramic cartridge that is at fault. I have had the lever off, and can see a brass nut, but if this was undone I do not think it would come up past the domed shroud at the top of the tap.

Does any one know how to dismantle this tap and replace, I presume, the "O" rings?

Nick.

You are right in suspecting the O ring.

There is a grub screw on the back of the tap once you have released the grub screw the top half of the tap pulls out, it's tight fit.

I'm assuming it is the same type of construction as the Kama tap.

I had a similar problem on the same tap.

The 'spout' section had a hairline crack on the underside. It is held on with a grubscrew (which I only discovered after removing the whole tap. :-(

Spares can be readily obtained from Leisure Spares Direct. When you see the price of a new complete tap 8-) , you will be very grateful that parts are available. :D

Archived