Bob Carvers fish shop Hull

Mrs T

What do you want to know? It is still located in the old part of town near the fruit and fish market (what's left of it!) but to honest I haven't been for years.

I do like my scraps (batter bits not fights! :D ) and know a few chippies in Hull that do great fish and chips, not that I actually partake THAT often ... honest! :$

I still remember Bob Carver's when it was in the outdoor market in wooden shacks where the chips came in old newspaper and there was sawdust on the floor!!! 8-) :-D

Mel B - 2013-03-26 11:14 PM

What do you want to know? It is still located in the old part of town near the fruit and fish market (what's left of it!) but to honest I haven't been for years.

I do like my scraps (batter bits not fights! :D ) and know a few chippies in Hull that do great fish and chips, not that I actually partake THAT often ... honest! :$

I still remember Bob Carver's when it was in the outdoor market in wooden shacks where the chips came in old newspaper and there was sawdust on the floor!!! 8-) :-D

It must be way behind the times in Hull, if YOU can remember the sawdust and newspaper, Mel Thought that went out in my era , not yours !!

Now then you lot if you remember I've just had my 50th birthday and I wasn't bothered about telling you lot on here! :-D

I remember the sawdust etc as I was a youngster at the time - the outdoor market was the place we always went on a Tuesday when I was on school holidays as we met up with my Auntie and cousins and went for a bit of lunch. There used to be a little jeweller there who did engraving too and I can well remember getting a heart necklace with my name on it as a birthday present, and when i was given a nice pen by my Dad that was also engraved there which unfortunately some prat at work nicked many years later! >:-(

Archived