Snow on roof

Noodles

Caddies104 - 2013-03-27 8:07 AM

Hi

Let nature take its course I would think.......

That is a very good idea the only problem is we're going away tomorrow (!) The snow is quite thick cos its more than the thickness of the vents on the roof. The icicles hanging off the back bumper are 10" long 8-)

Another thing to bear in mind is that the police have said that they are cracking down on vehicles being driven with large sheets of ice and snow on them because of the danger to following traffic, if it flys off onto them.

If I was you I would connect up a hose in your house (if possible) to the hot tap and see if that will shift it.

Good luck.

chas - 2013-03-27 9:01 AM

Another thing to bear in mind is that the police have said that they are cracking down on vehicles being driven with large sheets of ice and snow on them because of the danger to following traffic, if it flys off onto them.

If I was you I would connect up a hose in your house (if possible) to the hot tap and see if that will shift it.

Good luck.

And so they should it`s just a shame they are not more Keen around here.

This is a daft idea but you could try sawing it off!

Take a panel saw or garden pruning knife and pop it in a bucket of hot water to warm it up, then saw the ice off carefully in lumps. Use a steak knife in hot water on the icicles.

Told you it was daft.

IanL.

Wooie - 2013-03-27 9:08 AM

chas - 2013-03-27 9:01 AM

Good luck.

And so they should it`s just a shame they are not more Keen around here.

It is in fact included in the rules of the Highway Code ( rule 229 ) that it should be cleared to prevent it falling in the path of other road users.

:-|

Cos of the police crackdown as well as the dangers to other motorists which I agree although saw a motorist the other day and his car was completely cover in snow all the lights everything utterly irresponsible.

Had a look out of the bedroom window earlier and the sun is on most of the room it's a shame that I'm unable to reach the roof from the bedroom window with a bucket of tepid water.May have to try the heating option and see if we can melt it from the inside. God knows what we're going to do if it snows whilst we're away me thinks we'll have to keep the heating on 24/7 :D least it will be toasty I hope :-)

Archived