Britax Rear Light Cluster - How to Replace

chasm

This morning I reversed our venerable Hymer 'Swing' into an unyielding hedge while trying to get off a terraced pitch at Criques de Portails in SW France. Middle of a never-ending downpour and didn't hear Mrs Chasm shouting STOP!

I've now got a hole in the lens where the reversing light is. I've found complete replacement assemblies on E bay, but not the plastic lens piece-part. Do I have to replace the whole unit or is the lens itself replaceable? I would welcome some advice, including how to take the unit apart.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/aWJaM2UFDxVHb1ZEWn7IwNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Thanks wooie for the link. It looks like mine. I think the 'smoked glass' description is correct and could save me buying a replacement that doesn't match the nearside. I'll make do with the duct tape until I get back to UK.

I believe you'll find that your damaged lens is a "Britax 9300". This product is widely available, but the asking-price does vary significantly. A cursory GOOGLE-search produced a price of £28.08 here:

http://www.flashing-beacons.co.uk/index.php?main_page=products_all&disp_order=1&page=2

This may not be the cheapest price and, of course, you'd need to check carriage charges - £5.99 in this instance.

(It looks like this light was popular for caravans. If there's a caravan-breaker near you, you might well be able to pick up a replacement lens for a few quid.)

Thanks Derek,

I'll be replacing an 11 year old lens, so using one from a breaker seems like a good idea. I've found one on t'internet near where we store our 'van at Kings Newton. I'll contact them when we get back. If that fails then a new one won't break the bank. Thanks for the link.

Archived