how do I get rid of hundreds of notification e mails

michele

Thanks Clive , Have done it again .let'ssee what happens now fingers keep slipping nails to long .......perhaps thas what it is ...rather large garden nparty tomorrow with the ground force team. aren't I the lucky one /or should I say they are ............want to see Tomy walsh in the flesh ohhhhhhhhh cheers clive............. favor can you help the man out with the fridge problem ?

it didn't work ohhhhhhh dear not only did it not work it is now just telling me after i have already spoke with you silly thing....it is........never mind perhaps when i shut doown tonight i will refresh and try again tomorrow . thanks anywayy

I wonder if you are using the "save" command on your computer? 

After changing the "receive e-mail notifications etc" option to "no", you need to scroll down the screen to the "Submit" button and "press" that.  That is the "save" option Clive is referring to. 

This tells Warner's server that you've made the change.

Hi Michele, You may need to try going into your profile, and clicking on the 'Unsubscribe from threads' link (about halfway down, just above the profile pictures area). You'll see a great big long list of all the threads you're subscribed to - whenever anyone makes a new post in any of these threads, you'll still get an email. If you don't want to get emails about a certain topic any more, check the box next to the thread title - do this for every thread you wish to unsubscribe from, and click the 'submit' button. That [i]should[/i] staunch the flow a bit!

Hi Michele, I've looked at your profile, and you've still got a long list of threads that you're subscribed to - you'll need to remove these (the way I told you earlier), or you'll keep getting emails whenever anyone replies. You may want to keep a couple of important topics listed, but I'm sure you don't want/need all of them! I'd delete them myself, but I don't like messing about in people's private profiles! I've also had a look at some of the inner workings of the forum, and have switched off the feature that automatically emails participants when a reply is posted to their thread - if you want an email when someone replies to your posts, you'll need to manually subscribe to the topic (bottom-right of the thread view screen). Hopefully this should solve the problem!

OAL Moderator: Wouldn't it just be simpler if Michele went into Control Panel, entered the "Unsubscribe from Threads" section, then selected "Mass unsubscribe to forums", and then started from scratch if she wished to get e-mail notifications for any new postings she makes?

[QUOTE]OAL Moderator - 2006-08-04 8:56 AM ----- I've also had a look at some of the inner workings of the forum, and have switched off the feature that automatically emails participants when a reply is posted to their thread - if you want an email when someone replies to your posts, you'll need to manually subscribe to the topic (bottom-right of the thread view screen). Hopefully this should solve the problem![/QUOTE]

Dear OAL (Anonymous) Moderator

Have you done this to everyone, or just Michele?

The forum's default behaviour was to automatically notify people of responses to threads that they posted in. On balance, I think this would do more harm than good; therefore, it's been disabled. If you still wish to receive notifications, you can use your control panel to override this default behaviour; set the box next to 'Receive e-mail notifications by default?' to 'Yes', or subscribe to individual threads ('toggle notifiaction email', bottom-right of thread view screen) if you only want selected notifications.

Archived