Site recommendations - Gower

Greg Sumner

Hi, we are looking to visit the Gower Peninsular in late May and wonder I

anyone could could recommend a site. We were hoping for the Three Cliffs

site but they are not free on our dates.

We are CC members but sites are scarce. There are a number of CLs but

there is not a lot of info to go on. As we both still work full time holidays

are precious so we try to get the right choice and what better way than by

word of mouth.

We would of course like somewhere with a seaview and or beach access

We have facilities onboard so this is less of a priority.

Many thanks.

Have a look at:

Carreglwyd Campsite – right on the beach at Port Eynon… and….

…. Bank Farm at Horton – other end of the bay from Port Eynon.

Hillend Camping, Llangennith – right at the end of Gower.

There is also another site near Llangennith - Kennexstone Camping and Touring Park, but I don't know if it has a sea view.

They all have websites.

I am not necessarily recommending any of these as it is really a long time since I stayed at any of them – we now live in West Wales and our daughter lives in Swansea – so have no need. There may be reviews on the UK campsite website.

There is a Caravan Club Site at Gowerton. No sea view though, and it is on North Gower.

PS>>>>>>

I’ve just had a look at the list of Caravan Club CLs in the area – the one at Mewslade may be worth investigation. Mewslade is delightful. Bit remote, but very peaceful. Lovely walks around to Fall Bay, Worms Head and Rhosilli.

The ones at Llanrhidian may also be worth a look.

Port Eynon has more ‘facilities’ nearby than Mewslade. Great beach, but the village is popular.

Anything near Mumbles is likely to be busy as Mumbles is practically a suburb of Swansea – worth a visit though for the famous “Apple”!

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers

Gwen

We always use Nicholaston farm,semi hard standing pitches,immaculate shower/toilet rooms and it has sweeping views over Ogmore beach which is a nice walk down to,also has a lovely cafe on site with a small shop......make sure you go to Rhossili beach which is about 7/8 miles further from Nicholaston and is absolutely outstanding.

If you need any more sites try ukcampsite,I find it really usefull........Dave

Ps three cliffs is ok if you can get right on the front line but if the wind is blowing you need to strap everything down.

Hillend is probably the best bet, very big site just behind the dunes, motorhomes and tents only - no booking: http://www.hillendcamping.com

Also Llanmadoc: http://www.gowercampsite.co.uk Farm site with basic facilities.

Greenways at Oxwich: http://www.greenwaysleisure.co.uk/camping would be a possibility

Very good facilities and a fine sea view but it is a steep walk up from the beach!

Andy

Greg Sumner - 2013-04-09 6:46 PM

Hi Andy

Thanks for your post.

We have booked in to Pitton Cross for this stay but the sites you suggest look great so may use them later in the year.

D

Pitton Cross is a nice site, lots of kites for sale in the shop! Long walk down to the huge beach at Rhossili, but not so far across the fields to the little one at Mewslade Bay.

Andy

Archived