MOT Station Excellent

Wooie

Been to a new MOT Station after the Fiasco last year at Suthers Walmer Bridge.

They can accommodate any size Motorhome and the ramp goes up to 8,000 Kgs.

http://www.waltonsummitmot.com/

Walton Summit MOT Centre.

458 Carr Place.

Walton Summit.

Bamber Bridge.

Preston

PR5 8AY 01772 698754

5 minutes from J29 on the M6 and 5 minutes from J9 on the M61

MOT........................£40

Excellent service and very professional.

I am more than willing to recommend them and they will get my business from now on.

skyrider - 2013-04-02 6:58 PM

I took our auto sleeper to suthers star garage near much hoole roundabout a couple of weeks ago without any problems :-D

Glad it went well for you,.......... didn`t for me last year.

Firstly they spent over a week trying to fit several Peugoet Handbrake Cables to a ALKO

Chassis during which they damaged the Electric Step on the van by the ramp which

they denied.

This was despite me trying to explain that it would be a ALKO Part but " Philip " knew better !

Then they put the correct cable on completely wrong and had both sides caught around the

back of the Shock Absorbers. This caused a split in the New Cable and soon developed a

Rust Bulge !

Their excuse was " That they had never seen or worked on a ALKO Chassis " before which

i find very hard to believe.

I went back and they agreed to put a new cable on and " Bugger me " they caught the step again !

When i eventually got home i saw that they had also caught the Awning with a " Very Nice

Scrape " right in the middle of it.

As you know the garage you`ll know that the ramp on the left hand side is very tight access

and with the steep little step going in through the door it has " lurched " to that side and a

caught the door frame.

So all in all i wouldn`t trust them with a Corgi or a Dinky model never mind a real one !

How on earth they got in the " MMM Recommened " list beats me because in my opinion

they deserve " 0 / 10 ".

andy mccord - 2013-04-03 12:10 PM

Yes I too can recommend walton summit, apart from the parking :-(

Andy

Hi Andy.

Whenever i have a MOT done anywhere now i always ask if they will do it while i wait.

This wasn`t a problem at Walton Summit, i know what parking is like anywhere on the estate.

This has arose from many years back with our first Motorhome which i left with the Testing Station.

When i returned i nearly cried when i saw the size of the Kerb they had banged up and had left it

unlocked on a public road ! Thankfully nothing was missing.

Guest 1footinthegrave

After a blatant rip off last MOT from what I thought was my local trusted garage, that I had spent a lot of money with over the last few years, I now intend using a council run testing station in future where they do not carry out repairs, so hopefully will have no agenda to make an earner out of me. >:-(

Talking of spending more money, anyone know of a reliable place to get a cambelt changed in the Mid Wales / Shropshire neck of the woods please ;-)

andy mccord - 2013-04-04 12:10 PM

Hi graham,

So you will of noticed that they actually dont do the mot's there?, instead they drive further round the corner with your van, well they did the last time I went for an mot graham, or has it changed?

Andy

Hi Andy.

They did the MOT there and then, i watched them do it.

As you go through the doors the MOT Bay is right in front of you.

I always book mine well in advance because i want it in on the first available day ( April 2nd ) so keep the Anniversary and if anything needs doing i`ve got 28 days to do it and the van still has the existing MOT running.

Peter the owner did the MOT and signed it.

They are on Carr Place now but i believe they used to be on Ranglet Rd just around the corner ?

And to pick up on what 1footinthegrave has asked they also do Cam / Timing Belts .

£250 all in that`s for a 2.8 HDi / JTD

Archived