2003 FIAT DUCATO 2,8JTD

Mickt

Guest 1footinthegrave
I've just had a look in the Fiat handbook, oddly there is no mention on wheel nut torque settings at all. 8-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-04-02 8:02 PM

I've just had a look in the Fiat handbook, oddly there is no mention on wheel nut torque settings at all. 8-)

If you are taking it to a garage for a service, as long as THEY know what the settings are, I can't see any problem.

(?)

Guest 1footinthegrave
malc d - 2013-04-02 9:03 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-04-02 8:02 PM

If you are taking it to a garage for a service, as long as THEY know what the settings are, I can't see any problem.

(?)

That's very true, the operative word being IF they know, non the less for that information not to be in the handbook if for example you needed to put the spare on and own your own torque wrench seems a bit remiss, mind you my torque settings have always been till my temple veins swell up, or I feel a hernia coming on :D and I have never lost a wheel yet ;-)

Ducato steel wheel bolt torque settings are:-

160Nm = 118 lbft for 15inch wheels (14mm bolts); and 180Nm = 133 lbft for 16 inch wheels (16mm bolts).

The above torques are for steel wheels. I think alloys are different (but I've no idea what they are).

I'd suggest you insist that a competent mechanic torques them up by hand with a torque wrench.

Don't let the apprentice chimp do them up on the air-gun, as they'll be so tight you'll never get the buggers loose with your wheel brace at the roadside if you get a puncture and have to change the wheel.

BGD - 2013-04-02 9:42 PM

Ducato steel wheel bolt torque settings are:-

160Nm = 118 lbft for 15inch wheels (14mm bolts); and 180Nm = 133 lbft for 16 inch wheels (16mm bolts).

The above torques are for steel wheels. I think alloys are different (but I've no idea what they are).

I'd suggest you insist that a competent mechanic torques them up by hand with a torque wrench.

Don't let the apprentice chimp do them up on the air-gun, as they'll be so tight you'll never get the buggers loose with your wheel brace at the roadside if you get a puncture and have to change the wheel.

More importantly if they're over tightened the bolts can shear or strip threads and then you could lose a wheel while travelling, not a happy experience.

D.

Archived