Hose Pipes / Insurance

channelsocket

Whatever hose makes no difference, its the water source that will give a different quality, pure, pure, pure water is not a good idea, our bodies need a variety of chemicals to produce a balance. Thats how most of us are free from disease by sampling millions of impurities over the years.

If we always eat and drink 'pure' we are destined to become ill at the slightest odd impurity.

And if you really want to get technical, water through a pipe does not scour the sides as it flows due to the resistance of the flow over a stationary surface (at the sides) its the centre of the flow that mostly passes through it

mr t.

We use two of the green coily ones that webought from our local garden centre some years ago, we find that they don't kink, we haven't been ill yet, and the lovely brass fittings are compatible with all the plastics bits and pieces, and seem much more durable, we can join them together to give us 50metres.

Cosmopolitan Girl made a bag with a draw string from a piece of sailcloth we had hanging around ,about the size of a supermarket carrier bag, and they are stuffed in that for transit.

AGD

I can assure anyone reading this that cheap garden type hoses WILL leach chemicals from the material into the water and you MAY be able to taste and or smell it. I know this from my own experience and if it were not true there would be no such thing as food safe and non food safe. Even if your cheap garden hose does not leave a taste or smell that you can percieve, the water may still have been contaminated.

But it makes no difference to me if folk use non potable hoses for the sake of a few quid extra, you carry on. :-S

I saw a couple of youtube videos the other day about the XHose and another similar one, called the Pocket Hose, unfortunately they only have plastic ends on them and the XHose cracked as soon as it was attached to the outlet.

There's also an American consumer programme, a bit like Watchdog (might have been called Deal or Dud?), which checks out things like this if they have enough complaints, so they tested it the XHose and it was confirmed as an absolute dud!

The videos are worth watching though, especially this one which compares the 2 hoses:

Be warned thought, there's something just so 'wrong' with the way they expands and shrink back again!!!! :$ :D

Archived