Help with removal for drop down sink and retracting step.

Hopesy

Hi all, on our recent trip away a couple of problems occurred and I was hoping someone could give some advice.

The drop down sink was slow to drain which seems to be a fault with my make/model, however the sink wouldn't drop all the way down and felt caught on something, then it came loose and now drops all the way but when I was stood at the rear of the van and my wife drained the sink I saw water running out from under the back of the van so I assume a pipe has come off and I need to remove the sink to check. Does the sink come away from the fixed unit or do I have to remove the lot?

Also our electric step has broken in that the front support arm pivot has broken so does anyone know how to remove and if replacements are available.

Thanks for reading.

Rog

Even if the drop-down sink can be removed from the rest of the unit (which it probably can, depending on model), if a pipe has come adrift you'll need ot get behind the unit itself. Assuming this is part of a sealed washroom, that's going to be the tricky bit.

I tackle quite a few minor "habitation" jobs myself again, now my van is 5 years old, but if I had this problem I think I'd "take her home to Daddy" and pay for the converters to fix it.

Archived