A good reason to maintain your gas bottles.

Russ MMM

I don't see anything in the report which indicates that it was un-maintained gas bottles which caused the fire?

Just a guess, but maybe the vehicle itself was running on LPG perhaps, which could explain why the report says "A gas leak caused the fire, which spread to the engine and engulfed the vehicle."

Could be, or could just be that our American cousins call petrol gasoline, and "gas" for short - as in "step on the".

A fuel leak seems somewhat more probable, in view of the fire being stated to have engulfed the engine.

The Fleetwood Pace RV is/was available with both gas, and diesel, engines. Nasty incident though.

Sorry Malc, you were psoting while I was typing!! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2013-04-05 12:43 PM

Could be, or could just be that our American cousins call petrol gasoline, and "gas" for short - as in "step on the".

A fuel leak seems somewhat more probable, in view of the fire being stated to have engulfed the engine.

The Fleetwood Pace RV is/was available with both gas, and diesel, engines. Nasty incident though.

Sorry Malc, you were psoting while I was typing!! :-D

Most likely they mean petrol. We favour "propane" as the term for LPG, "gas" as the term for petrol.

Archived