Advice please

Suda

I realise forum posts can sometimes not convey the true message, but you appear to not know what vehicle you have.

You don't have a Burstner which has been fitted with a Renault engine, you have a Renault Master which Burstner have bolted bits on, so when asking for base vehicle parts you need to ask for, Renault Master and specify which year and version of engine.

Suda..

We've got a 2.5 150dci Master based MH..and our main Renault handbook mentions nothing about oil types or capacities..it only says refer "Maintenance Booklet"

...and as this "Booklet" is a generic Renault item, it just says says:

Quote:

....................................................................................................................................................

"Diesel engines

Use ACEA A3/B4 standard oils, except in special cases listed below"

...............................................................................................................................................................

It then just displays a "graph" showing various temp' ranges and the appropriate grade of oil and it shows the 5w40 is good for -25c too over +30c

(but it doesn't state any actual oil "brands" or names etc...)

For some reason,when we have our's serviced,they always seem to make a point "apologising" for the cost of the oil and make a point of telling me that it is "low ash"...what ever that means?

( ..not that I care that much to be honest.. (lol) )

Archived