BT Smart Talk App.

Wooie

ham - 2013-04-12 2:29 PM

My understanding is that you have to be a BT customer with A calling plan Or have BT broadband which includes a calling Plan see http://www.btlife.bt.com/btcustomers/save-money-with-new-bt-smarttalk-app/ I tried in whilst in Spain last month it worked ok. Awaiting now to see my O2 and Bt bill

Hi and Thank You.

I was just beginning to think i`d imagined it ........................LOL.

I already am a BT customer and i saw an article on it in a mag

The main reason i was interested in it is it said you can call ( 0800, 0845 and 0870 ) numbers

from your mobile using your Home Calling Plan.

I`ve had a good look at the info on BT.com and i`ve downloaded the App.

I`ve also spoke to Vodafone who i`m with to ask if it uses Data when you use it via 3G but

i ended up with one of our " Ethnic Cousins " in Mumbi or where ever who did not know what

i was on about and just kept repeating that i would be charged for any ( 0800,0845 and 0870 )

numbers on my bill.

The reason i started this thread was to see if anyone else had it ( In the real world ) and how

they got on with it.

There can be a very big difference between " what It says it does " and " what it actually does ".

Regards.

Wooie - 2013-04-12 2:46 PM

I`ve also spoke to Vodafone who i`m with to ask if it uses Data when you use it via 3G but

i ended up with one of our " Ethnic Cousins " in Mumbi or where ever who did not know what

i was on about and just kept repeating that i would be charged for any ( 0800,0845 and 0870 )

numbers on my bill.

It sure will use data if you connect via 3G as it works via the internet just like Skype or Viber so make sure you only use it on wifi when roaming or it will be an expensive call.

lennyhb - 2013-04-12 2:59 PM

Wooie - 2013-04-12 2:46 PM

numbers on my bill.

It sure will use data if you connect via 3G as it works via the internet just like Skype or Viber so make sure you only use it on wifi when roaming or it will be an expensive call.

Hi Lenny,

If it works via the internet and uses data then surely that will just come off my allowance ?

I have a reasonably healthy ( 1.5GB ) data package with my mobile.

Or am i not understanding this properly? The operator at Vodafone was neither use nor ornament

and could not understand what i was asking.

The only time i will possibly use it is to call 0800, 0845 or 0870 numbers which are expensive

when called from mobiles.

Archived