LCD TV on 12 v

Maudie

Have read the various threads on here regarding TV's - but I am still confused! I have a Mikomi 15LCD250 - which says it is designed to operate on 12v DC. The end of the power lead that fits in the TV is round and has 4 pins - then the lead goes through a transformer to the socket on the wall. So, can I use it on 12v and if i can, what do i need? Do I need to try and get a new powerlead with a cigar lighter connection on one end or do I need one of those invertors. I don't really understand these technical things so would appreciate your help.

:-D Hi Maudie. Although the TV operates on 12 volts. The actual supply from the on-board 12 volts supply is un-regulated and can vary between 11.5 volts and 14.5 volts depending on the state of charge of the battery and whether the battery is being charged. There are 2 ways to go about using the TV. The easiest and cheapest is to buy a 150 or 300 watt Invertor from Maplins on special cheapo offer. The second is to buy a 12 volts variable supply, also from Maplins that allows the choice of a regulated 6,9,12,15,19 volts etc at various amps and in positive/negative or negative/positive. I use Invertors mainly for our powe supply. But I also have a 12 volt plug-ins for charging phones and Laptop use. ;-)

Archived