Sat nav woes, you couldn't make it up.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

"A British family of twelve famous for not claiming benefits have been rescued by Italian police after their sat nav mistakenly led to them to a dangerous fast flowing river.

Michael and Tania Sullivan, who were on holiday with ten of their children, were using the GPS navigator in their minibus to take them to their holiday accommodation but it sent them the wrong way and they ended up down a muddy dirt track facing the raging torrent.

Quick thinking Michael used his mobile phone to alert police who were able to pin point his exact location using the sophisticated trace system which tracks a callers exact spot by satellite - although it still took more than three hours to reach them because the spot was so isolated" :-S

I just loved the comment "quick thinking Michael" 8-) :D

and the Satnav "mistakenly led them to the river" artificial intelligence eh. :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
antony1969 - 2013-04-15 6:57 AM

Your tourette's seems a lot better .

Yes under control so far today, haven't come across any morons as yet which tends to trigger it. ;-)

oh no, f, f, f,c,c,c, >:-) just managed to stop it, that was a close call ;-)

Guest Had Enough
nowtelse2do - 2013-04-15 10:47 AM

Family on benefits, mini bus, Sat-nav, holiday in Italy for 12.

Shame the mini bus had good brakes >:-(

Dave

Typical response from you. One, you got it wrong, they don't claim benefits - read the OP again. Two, you'd like a car full of children to drown because you think they claim benefits. What a nice person!

What happened was perfectly understandable, despite the usual attempt to portray the driver as stupid. They were in remote mountains. Their sat-nav took them down an unpaved road. Nothing unusual in that in this region I can assure you.

Eventually they came to a ford, and being a sensible man the driver realised that it would have been dangerous to attempt a crossing as the river was swollen. On attempting to extricate himself his wheels bogged down and the mini-bus became stuck.

Again, like an intelligent and sensible person he used his mobile phone to summon help.

This man is a fine example of someone who isn't as benefits scrounger. He and his wife made a decision to have lots of children. Good for them, because in making that decision they also decided that it would be unfair to burden the state and they refuse to claim benefits.

I hope you're feeling just a little ashamed of yourself!

Full story here: http://tinyurl.com/cyxc26e

Guest 1footinthegrave

In fairness though the story isn't entirely accurate, the full story is whilst her husband is self employed they do claim state handouts, tax credits and child benefit unless those do not count of course, whilst child benefit is a universal benefit, tax credits is not, you have to claim it, and that would be a tidy sum with 10 kids. ;-) I make no observation other than that. ;-)

Had Enough - 2013-04-15 11:12 AM

Dave

Typical response from you. One, you got it wrong, they don't claim benefits - read the OP again. Two, you'd like a car full of children to drown because you think they claim benefits. What a nice person!

What happened was perfectly understandable, despite the usual attempt to portray the driver as stupid. They were in remote mountains. Their sat-nav took them down an unpaved road. Nothing unusual in that in this region I can assure you.

Eventually they came to a ford, and being a sensible man the driver realised that it would have been dangerous to attempt a crossing as the river was swollen. On attempting to extricate himself his wheels bogged down and the mini-bus became stuck.

Again, like an intelligent and sensible person he used his mobile phone to summon help.

This man is a fine example of someone who isn't as benefits scrounger. He and his wife made a decision to have lots of children. Good for them, because in making that decision they also decided that it would be unfair to burden the state and they refuse to claim benefits.

Tongue in cheek you stupid person. As for your "Typical response from you" remark, I don't come on here criticising members or calling them.

Guest 1footinthegrave
1footinthegrave - 2013-04-15 12:28 PM

In fairness though the story isn't entirely accurate, the full story is whilst her husband is self employed they do claim state handouts, tax credits and child benefit unless those do not count of course, whilst child benefit is a universal benefit, tax credits is not, you have to claim it, and that would be a tidy sum with 10 kids. ;-) I make no observation other than that. ;-)

Bump

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2013-04-15 12:28 PM

Our friends brother has 13 kids and used to go to work until he got made redundant..............the new 26k benefit ceiling will more than halve their income 8-)........

Guest Had Enough
nowtelse2do - 2013-04-15 12:32 PM

Had Enough - 2013-04-15 11:12 AM

Dave

Tongue in cheek you stupid person.

Good try but you're fooling no one! You didn't read it properly and jumped to the wrong conclusion. We've all done that but your comment about the brakes wasn't very nice. You need a brake on your brain before you post! Just admit you blundered and move on there's good chap! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2013-04-15 12:46 PM

No I didn't read it correctly but I'm man enough to admit it instead of making a big issue out of it which you would seem to do with everything that is posted on here. But then again I think most members on here know what 'TYPE' of person you are.

The ghost of FG lives on 8-)

Guest Had Enough

No I didn't read it correctly but I'm man enough to admit it instead of making a big issue out of it which you would seem to do with everything that is posted on here. But then again I think most members on here know what 'TYPE' of person you are.

But the point is you weren't man enough to admit it and you tried to convince us that it was tongue in cheek. So what does that make you? Here's a clue, it begins with L and ends in R and has four letters! :-D

And I think that someone wishing that a mini-bus with ten kids in has faulty brakes as it approaches a raging torrrent just may be worth making an issue about. ;-)

You blundered, you've finally admitted it so be a good chap and move on!

pelmetman - 2013-04-15 12:52 PM

At least he was an intellectual troll.. ;-)

Dave

Guest 1footinthegrave

I made the original post as rightly or wrongly I thought aspects of it were amusing, especially given I ended up in a milk processing plant yard in France once. :D

Now it's turned to all out forum war, funny old world >:-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-04-15 1:14 PM

I made the original post as rightly or wrongly I thought aspects of it were amusing, especially given I ended up in a milk processing plant yard in France once. :D

Now it's turned to all out forum war, funny old world >:-)

Just words Mike, Scoring bonus points is not my thing, so no war from me. In any case I would never meet him because I don't go slumming.

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2013-04-15 1:11 PM

Dave

Actually he was a bit of a prat.

CliveH - 2013-04-15 2:11 PM

Dave

I got that one wrong then also :-D :-D

Dave

Guest 1footinthegrave
Join the club, I often get things wrong, like coming on here early this morning wasn't the best of plans. :D

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2013-04-15 2:29 PM

CliveH - 2013-04-15 2:11 PM

Dave

I got that one wrong then also :-D :-D

Dave

I wonder if HE & FG were separated at birth ;-)

Archived